Chapter 25

I walked over to my bed which had three stockings attached to the end and I grabbed the little red box, I opened it and it contained an envelope, a hoodie, chocolates and a smaller silver box.

Hugo jumped up onto me bed and started to nosey into the box himself. I got out the envelope and started to read.

𝙱𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊, 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚘 𝚏𝚞𝚌𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚒𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚎...

I didn't even bother reading the rest of his bullshit letter as I couldn't be arsed reading his shit excuses. I got out the little silver box and inside it contained a little rose diamond encrusted necklace.

'Merry Christmas.' The tag read.

It was stunning, but a piece of expensive Jewellery isn't gonna buy me his forgiveness

I put everything back in the box and shoved it under my bed.

"That must off cost a shit ton" I breathed out sitting back on the bed.

~~

I was lying in bed and I turned over to the empty side of the bed, where Matteo's indent was, his scent still lingering on the sheets.

I got out of bed and headed straight to the kitchen, as I was walking downstairs I saw a figure sleeping on my couch. I got closer and noticed it was Matteo, his shoes and coat in there usual spot and was sleeping in his suit.

"Why are you sleeping here?" I whispered not waking him up.

"Shouldn't you be sleeping with your fiancée?" I laughed heading to the wine cupboard and grabbed the bottle from earlier and went out the back.

I also grabbed a packet of my father's cigarettes, I don't smoke, if I'm honest I hate it. But i need something right now and I don't know what, I just need a rush of something.

I sat on my back porch facing the garden drinking from the bottle and smoking a fucking cigarette.

"since when did you smoke?" A voice came from behind me.

Matteo.

"Since when where you engaged?" I laughed.

"I'm as happy about it as you are" he said standing next to me.

"I couldn't care less" I said looking away.

"Good, you shouldn't. Put that cigarette out." He said before going back inside.

Despite being told what to do I put the cigarette out as I remembered what he told me before. 'even the smell of cigarettes makes me sick to my stomach, reminds me off my mother and what could come of those deadly things' I finished the bottle of wine and headed back inside.