Chapter 33: I Like You

Ryzen POV

For the past two weeks, I have been out of the metro cities in order to present a research I was involved in for my university.

It was refreshing to be out of the metro cities and do something that I loved at the same time.

Most importantly... due to that, I was able to recollect myself.

I managed to avoid facing Lennox for a while, which I'm thankful for. Because honestly, I do not know how to approach him right after I saw him interacting with his partner at that national event.

I have many lingering questions in my mind and I do not know how to calculate the right moves in order to satisfy my curiosity.

Do I ask him? But then, do I have the right to? What if he only gets angry at me once I do that and reprimand me for overstepping boundaries?

The most logical choice was clear. Pretend to forget how I saw him interacting with that girl and also, try to bury the questions I had in my mind.

But somehow, it was just so hard to do it! The curiosity really makes me anxious and my heart feels so heavy from it!

Without a clear plan in my mind, I went to the city hall anyway. I can't avoid this forever and I'll just go with the flow.

Upon entering the area in the city hall's clinic that I always occupied, there was a certain person sitting on the sofa, looking directly at me.

My heart beat fast upon seeing him. Really, first thing in the morning, and I'd see the person I did not know how to face?

Lennox's eyes were brooding and it was very difficult to read the current expression he had on his face.

I can't handle it! His gaze is too overwhelming. I quickly averted it and took a deep breath to relax myself.

"Good morning, Lennox." I said in a somehow quiet tone.

He only nodded at me and kept his intense gaze.

"Uhm, by the way, what brings you here?" I asked, not moving where I was.

With that, Lennox finally got up and walked towards me. Unconsciously, since he was too close, I took a step back.

However, he reached out for my hand and held it gently.

"I... want to talk to you." he said in a sincere voice.

Based on instinct, the first thing I wanted to do was to remove my hand's grasp from his. But, Lennox's grasp on my hand was too tight.

I slightly twitched my mouth, not knowing how to react.

"Why? What for?" I tried to say in a calm voice.

"About us. I want to have a proper talk." he replied.

Dun. Dun. My heart beat couldn't be anymore louder than this. My mind feels like it's going hazy and I really could not calm it down.

"Huh? What do you mean? You're saying such vague words while holding my hand. I might misunderstand your intentions and most of all, I'm sure your girlfriend would not be happy with you acting like this." I exclaimed, not being able to hide the bitterness I felt.

Upon saying those words, Lennox looked at me with a somehow amused expression. He's amused while I had such a disgruntled face on? Tss.

"Oh? Why do I not know that I already have a girlfriend? Care to tell me who 'my girlfriend' is?" he said in a teasing tone.

I could not help but glare at him a little.

"Who else could it be if not for that woman you brought to the national event? You two looked like a very loving couple." I stated sharply.