Chapter 49: Visiting Home

Ryzen POV

The heavens seemed to be aware of the wavering feelings I had.

Therefore, they have helped me. They prevented me from carelessly doing something, like growing these feelings further...

I arrived at our university today pretty early, waiting for Zaynah. When I greeted her and gave her my gift, she was so surprised that she even shed some tears.

"Oh my gosh! Millen, I still can't believe you remembered my birthday and gave me this gift. How can you know my taste so much?" Zaynah said warmly.

She let her arms out, inviting me for a hug. I smiled at her before I accepted it without any hesitations.

My sister...

Again and again, I am thankful that I chose to be at this university, because I have crossed paths with my sister even though I am occupying a different body.

Reluctantly, we got out of the long embrace.

"I thought you didn't know my birthday... but, I was originally inviting you over anyway. Today, I'm hosting a simple birthday lunch right after our practicals. It's really good that we only have that for today, right?" she said.

"Mmm. Maybe they knew it was your birthday that's why that's the only schedule for today." I said cheekily.

Zaynah laughed for a bit at my remark before replying.

"Anyways, you have to go, okay! I'll drag you if I have to. I also invited other friends but they'll be arriving a little bit later. Since you're already with me now, you're not allowed to go anywhere else. It's my birthday." she said in a pouty voice.

With what she said, I could not help but snicker for a bit. Right, she must've been upset because I missed a lot more classes nowadays, especially during the height of the typhoon problem. Actually, it is only recently that I bothered to go to university. If it wasn't to spend more time with Zaynah, I would've actually taken the exam to accelerate my course and finish it earlier.

"Don't worry. It's your day so naturally, I will stay with you." I assured her.

But instead of being assured, she looked at me with suspicious eyes.

"Hmmp. You don't share anything at all, but I could tell that one way or another, you and Mayor Lennox already got together. However, he seems to be occupying all of your schedule." she said in a fake, sulky tone.

It's not like I could deny what she's saying... my schedule is really revolved around him.

Our banters continued even during our practicals. And before I knew it, Zaynah was already dragging me to her car. Really? I could not help but find her antics funny.

"I really won't escape... besides, Lennox is really busy today." I said confidently at first, but at the mention of him, my voice became smaller.

Zaynah only looked at me with her eyebrows raised up and her mouth pouting, making it a funny expression. Again, I could not help but laugh.

"Besides, where are we going anyway? Where are you going to host your birthday lunch?" I said in a serious tone.

"Where else could I host it? Of course, at my house! Don't worry, we don't need to set up. I got the maids to do it and besides, my mum is there to overlook things." she replied in a happy tone.

Her house?

No, to be more precise, it was the house that I used to live in my original life.

Instantly, I froze and only let out a small smile so Zaynah would not notice.