2. fitting in

~~~~♛~~~~

You woke up the next morning to the sun shinning in the window

You woke up the next morning to the sun shinning in the window. You sit up, rubbing your face. You put your ripped up boots that you've had for years on and stepped out of the room. No one was standing by the fire. You stepped outside to see Dutch and Arthur stepping out from another cabin.

"Bill, now you ride ahead and set the charge at the water tower just before the tunnel" Dutch said to a man getting on his horse.

"Ain't a problem." The man responded before riding off.

"Why are we doing this? The weathers breaking, we could leave." Hosea said walking up to Dutch.

"What do you want from me Hosea?" Dutch responded.

"I just don't want anymore folks to die Dutch." Hosea said back. You raised an eyebrow.

"We're living Hosea, we're living. Look at me, we're living, even you. But we need money. Everything we have is in Blackwater. You fancy heading back there?" Dutch asked.

"No" Hosea responded.

You walked over to the three men to see what was going on.

"Y/n dear, you should be in resting by the fire." Dutch said looking down to you.

"What's going on?" You asked him.

"We are robbing a train, Leviticus Cornwall." Dutch responded.

"Who the hell is Leviticus Cornwall?" Arthur asked.

Before anyone could respond, you spoke up. "He's a big railway magnate, sugar dealer, oil man."

All three of them looked at you. "How do you know this?" Dutch asked you.

You rolled your eyes. "I may have been alone but I'm not stupid." You responded, Arthur chuckled.

"Well it sounds like he has more than enough to share" Dutch said. He started to walk away. "Gentlemen, get your horses ready, we have a train to rob." He yelled.

A group of men walked out of the cabins and got on their horses. They all rode out before Hosea could say anything else. You turned to look at him.

"Let's get you back inside, I'm sure you have a lot of questions." Hosea said leading you back to the cabin. You both sat down in front of the fire. "So what do you want to know?" Hosea asked.

You didn't know where to start. "So this is a gang?" You asked, thinking back to the group that killed your family.

"Yes, but we aren't bad men, usually." He chuckled. "Dutch and I picked up Arthur and John at a young age and taught them everything they know. From there we've grown. Dutch is fighting for freedom."

"John?" You ask not hearing that name before.

"There's a lot of people you haven't met, I'll take you around to meet a few people later." He said.

"What were you and Dutch talking about out there? Blackwater? People dying?" You ask.

He sighs. "Me and Arthur weren't there. We were doing a job and were supposed to meet with everyone else in Blackwater after a ferry job. Something bad happened, and people died. I thought we were going to lay low but now Dutch is set on this train." He explained.

You tried to take in everything Hosea was saying. You didn't know much about gang life so you weren't sure how they worked. You both sat for a few moments before Hosea asked if you wanted to go meet the rest of the group. You nodded and you walked to a different cabin. You entered to see a large group of people, they all turned to look at you with confusion written across their faces, as none of them knew you were there.

"This is Miss l/n, she is staying with us for a while." Hosea introduced you.

You made your way around the cabin and met everyone. After a while of trying to remember names, Mary-Beth turned to talk to Hosea. "How is the boy tied up in the barn?" She asked. You turned to Hosea with total confusion on your face.

He rubbed his neck. "He will be okay Mary-Beth. Focus on yourself saying warm." He responded. She nodded and went back to the girls. "Let's go back to the cabin Miss l/n" Hosea said Turing around.

"It was nice to meet you all." You said to the group before leaving.

You walk up beside Hosea. "So were you going to tell me about the boy tied up in the barn?" You asked.

"I don't know much about it, Dutch brought him back claiming he was an O'Driscoll." Hosea responded.

"O'Driscoll?" You asked.

"That's a story for another day." He said stepping in the cabin. You decided to let it go, he already told you a lot today.

You spent the rest of the day hearing stories about the gangs past. You told Hosea a few details about your family, but you didn't like to talk about it much so he didn't push for information. Before long, the group of men came back into camp. You and Hosea stepped outside to great them. "How'd you boys get on?" Hosea asked.

"Quite well." He responded. The boys got off their horses, and you watched as one with long greasy blonde hair walked up to you. "Who's this beautiful young lady." He asked while trying to put his arm over your shoulder. You quickly grabbed his arm and pushed him down to the ground. "What the hell!" He yelled.

Dutch laughed. "This is Miss l/n Micah, clearly don't mess with her." You looked up at Dutch to see him watching you closely. His eyes caught yours, they were dark and mischievous. He smirked before looking away. You hoped no one could see the blush on your face.

You let Micah go and he stood up and looked you in the eyes. You just stared at him. You weren't afraid of him, you've seen scarier puppies than him. He turned and stomped off.

"Your going to fit right in here Miss l/n" one of the men said to you.

"Everyone pack up, we are getting out of here tomorrow morning." Dutch told the group. Hosea stayed back to talk to Dutch while you and Arthur walked back to the cabin. "How was your day?" Arthur asked.

"I learned a lot about this group of yours." You responded.

"Oh I bet." He chucked. "Well I'm going to make sure I have everything I need before we go."

"I have nothing to do, I'll come sit and watch you work." You laughed. He responded with a laugh. "Javier was right, you will fit in here."