thirty five

"I wanna go home Mikey" I heard her cry just as I came to a finish, making sure that I pulled it right and it was secure.

"I know you do, pretty girl" I hummed to her, wiping around the cut.

"Let's wash this blood off of you." I spoke.

A nurse stayed with her in the bathroom as she quickly showered.

"Clothes" a nurse stuck her head out.

I quickly handed her all new clothes, getting a thank you in return.

And then the three guys ran in, seeing myself and the room covered in her blood, making them panic.

"Her stitches busted." I spoke, making Calum immediately look to Luke and Ash.

"You guys didn't do proper stitches-" "we didn't close, we ran the liver to Monroe before it died." Luke spoke quickly, Ashton rubbing his face.

"My intern, Grace told me she had done closing stitches before, I believed her." Ashton spoke, clearly frustrated.

"Get Grace and the Chief in here." Calum spoke.

Seconds after, the bathroom door opened revealing the nurse and Paige.

"Paige- princess" Calum spoke as soon as he saw her swollen eyes.

He hugged her tightly, lifting her shirt and pulling away the bandage the nurse put over the stitches.

"She doesn't even have a hint of a scab, her incision probably wasn't touching the entire recovery so far." He told us.

"I'm so sorry I didn't double check it, Paige- I just trusted my interns." Ashton spoke quickly.

"It's not your fault." Paige spoke surprising us all.

"You're supposed to teach them, thats what you tried to do, you were just lied to" she mumbled slowly.

"She will face consequences too, I promise" Luke spoke.

"I don't even wanna have surgery again." She mumbled to us,

Calum took her to his office as the janitor cleaned her room and we told the chief and got Grace's story.

"We just never get to do solo operations- when you offered me to close by myself I was thrilled and the nurse said it looked right." Grace spoke quickly.

"Nurses are not surgeons, they do not validate what is right and wrong, would you trust a scrub nurse to operate on your intestines?" Ashton shot to her.

"No sir" she mumbled, making everyone look to the chief.

"You have a month of probation and you're to deal with no patients, only the virtual patients, where you will learn your basic sutures as you were supposed to do before your internship." The chief spoke to her, glancing to Ash.

"If she fucks up like this again, let me know. Also send Calum and Paige to my office so I can discuss this incident with them."

I nodded in response.

Before going to check on other patients, I went to Calum, telling him to go to the chiefs office before going to Monroe's room.

"What happened to Paige? I could hear all the nurses panicking and surrounding her room."