XVI: Back to the House

GIANNA

Once again, I found myself being swallowed by the car's tense atmosphere. It was silent and neither of us attempted to change that. I just watched where he was driving, and furrowed my brow when he stopped.

We were in the neighborhood, but King locked the doors. He turned to me, "You don't just leave somebody, Gianna."

I frowned, "I wasn't leaving, I was visiting. I didn't think you'd notice anyway."

My chin was snatched up painfully and his eyes met mine, "I have eyes everywhere, I notice everything."

I shoved him away forcefully and unlocked the doors on my own, climbing out. I rounded the car, "Give me my keys."

King's scowl multiplied tenfold as he got out and opened the back door and swiftly shoved me into the vehicle once again.

I yelled and tried to get out, but King had locked the doors by then. My attempts were futile. I watched him drive, knowing I couldn't do anything without endangering my life as well.

We only took two turns before King slowed the vehicle to a complete stop. I felt him park, and I stared out of the back window in confusion.

We were back at the house from before. I watched as men walked in and out of the home, some sitting on the porch and others gathered in the front yard. The windows were open downstairs allowing light and music to pour from them all.

King exited the car with my keys, putting them in his pocket, and opening my door, "Get your shit."

I nodded and he kept close to me as we rounded the car. I grabbed all of my bags, "what are we—"

King brought his lips close to my ear as he dragged me inside, "don't say a word to anybody."

I furrowed my brow in a mixture of confusion and fear before being ushered into the the house. King approached and the other men moved out of his path quite completely.

What the hell is going on?