Thirty

Two months had passed since the last time Yeonjun had seen Haneul. Nothing had really changed, indeed, it was like going in circles, days filled with monotony and shades of gray. 

He was feeling lonely, unmotivated. He had no one to talk to, no shoulder to cry on, and that was slowly eating him alive. Countless nights he had spent up helped him to make up his mind and make a decision that he knew would have to be taken sooner or later.

He made his way to the schoolyard, hands in his pockets and kicking inexistent rocks as he walked. He looked up and locked eyes with the boy that was sitting on a bench waiting for him. A bittersweet feeling kicked him in the gut, not finding the right way to break such an uncomfortable silence.

But luckily, he was the one to do so.

"Hyung." He spoke, a weak smile forming on his lips that Yeonjun hesitantly returned before sitting next to him.

"Thanks for coming." He finally said, not daring to look at his old friend. His gaze was glued to the floor as he leaned forward and rested his arms over his knees.

"It's nothing." He assured. "How have you been? You don't seem to be in your best state."

Yeonjun took a deep breath through his nose and exhaled, straightening his posture and looking up at the sky.

"I'm not." He confessed. "I think I've never felt this lonely before."

Beomgyu's heart broke at his friend's words. He wished Yeonjun had allowed him and the rest to be there for him, to support him... But he was mad, and he couldn't blame him for that. After all, he did betray his trust.

"I'm so sorry, hyung." He said sincerely. "I really want to fix this friendship."

Yeonjun analyzed his words for a moment, then finally gathered the courage to look at him. He wanted to solve their problems too, that's why he asked him to meet. However, he needed more than apologies to trust him again.

"Then, please tell me everything."

"Yeah mom, I'm already here

"Yeah mom, I'm already here." Haneul said as she walked across the station with just a small backpack hanging on her shoulders. "Yes, don't worry. I'm about to go there to get all my school records. I'll see you soon."

She hung up the call and tucked her phone in her pocket before she took a taxi that would drive her to the school building.

Feeling a knot on her throat, she had decided to be cautions and focus on what she had to do. She just needed to ask for her records and leave that place. It was a big building, and she was praying not to bump into Yeonjun.

She quickly dragged her feet to the rector's office, sighing in relief when she noticed the hallways being almost empty. She knocked on the door and soon was greeted by the old man, walking into his office and forgetting about anything else, even if it was momentaneously.