Stubborn Centaur (Part 2)

Barb was waiting on the stage in Volcano Rock City for Delta Dawn when she finally showed up.

Barb said, "There you are!"

Delta yawned and said, "I'm a might sorry, Barb. I was busy harvesting, and I guess I-I closed my eyes for a second, and when I woke up, I was late. Now, what's this new trick of yours?"

Barb answered, "Ok, I'm gonna stand on one end of the seesaw-like contraption and then you will climb up on that ladder, jump onto the other side and launch me into the air. And once that happens, I'm gonna grab that bar I've hung onto the ceiling, do a couple of moves, then launch myself to another bar and do a couple of more, then land safely back on the stage. Got it?"

Delta just asked, "Isn't that a might dangerous?"

Barb just scoffed and answered, "Not for a girl who's done things related to stunts like that before."

Delta said, "Alrighty, then."

Barb got on one end of the contraption and waiting for Delta to jump. But, she was so tired that once she had jumped, she had missed the other side. She kept trying again, but they all ended with a miss.

Barb was irritated, "Come on, Delta!"

Delta then said, "Oh, wait. I got it." She then just grabbed the other side with her hands and pulled it down, "There."

Barb just looked at her and Delta said, "Oh, maybe not. Ok, one more try."

Delta then dropped her end, which cause Barb to fall down.

Delta got up and tried to get a good view and knew she got it this time, "Ok, here I go!"

But, Barb was unprepared this time, and when Delta jumped, she shouted, "Wait!"

Delta finally made a bulls-eye, but Barb instead just launched out of Volcano Rock City, "DELTA DAWN!"

Delta just shouted, "You're welcome!"

***

In Pop Village, Poppy was reading a book, until Barb crashed into her pod onto her bed.

Poppy just looked at her and asked, "Can I help you?"

Barb answered, "I think someone else needs your help."

"Delta?"

"Yep."

***

Poppy went back to Lonesome Flats and saw Delta still working on the fields.

She asked, "Delta, can we talk?"

Delta was a little hard of hearing, so she asked, "Can bees squawk? I don't think so."

"No, can we talk?"

"20 stalks? Bean or celery?"

"No! I need to talk to you!"

"You need to walk to the zoo?! Well, who's stopping you?!"

"I NEED TO TALK TO YOU!"

Delta finally understood her, "Oh, why didn't you say so? What you want to talk about?"

Poppy shouted, "Barb dropped in to see me today."

Delta said, "That's quite neighborly of her."

Poppy then said, "Yes, except that she crashed into my pod after you launched her into the air!"

Delta replied, "Oh, yeah. *yawn* I wasn't feeling like myself this morning."

Poppy said, "Because you're working to hard and you need help."

Delta didn't hear that, "What? Kelp? I don't need kelp. I don't even like seaweed."

Poppy shouted, "HELP! YOU NEED HELP!"

But, Delta just responded, "Nothin' doin', sugar. I'm gonna prove to you, to every Troll, that I can do this on my own. Now, if you'll excuse me, I gotta go help King Trollex."

 She then left for Techno Reef to help Trollex.

***

In the LED castle kitchen, Trollex explained that he had found a new recipe for kelp cakes he'd like to serve to his Techno Trolls to find out if they're good enough to share at parties. Delta was still out of it, so she had a hard time understanding what ingredients she needed to get.

Delta asked, "What's first?"

To her, Trollex said in a distorted voice, "Chocolate chips."

"Chips? Okie dokie." She then grabbed a bag of potato chips and put them in the bowl.

"What's next?"

"Baking soda."

"Soda. Perfect. That'll get the tater chips nice and wet."

"Now what?"

"A cup of flour"

"A cup of sour? Well, lemons are sure sour."

"Anything else?"

"One last thing; Wheat germ."

"Wheat worms? Oh, that must be fancy talk for earthworms."

Once Delta put all of the 'ingredients' in the bowl, Trollex said, "That's gonna taste good."

He and Delta then walked outside and started passing out the freshly-baked kelp cakes to the other Techno Trolls.

Trollex exclaimed, "You're all gonna just love them!"

***

Not too much later, Poppy, the Funk Family, Trollzart, Barb, and Branch came to the Techno Reef hospital.

Poppy told the nurse, "We came as soon as we heard!"

Branch asked, "What's the emergency?"

The nurse told them, "Thank you all for coming. We need all the help we can get."

She then showed them a room of green-faced, moaning Techno Trolls.

The other leaders looked in horror.

Queen Essence asked, "Oh, no. What happened?"

The nurse answered, "It was a mishap with some of the baked goods."

"No..."

Everyone turned to see Trollex in the same condition as his people, just lying in bed with a green face with TBDB being held in his arms.

"Not baked goods. Baked bads!" He then gagged in his mouth.

Trollzart picked up a bitten kelp cake and a worm popped out of it.

All of the leaders went, "Ewww!"

Poppy then said, "Delta!"

***

Of course, Delta was still too stubborn and full of pride to admit that she needed help, even though she kept falling asleep and every once in a while, tried to tend to an empty part of the field.