Volume 1: Maxims, Epigrams and Aphorisms

MAXIMS, EPIGRAMS AND APHORISMS (Vol 1. By Frank Andrews) Year 2020

When one becomes a victim, they lose responsibility and freedom but they gain the feeling of entitlement.

We desire to possess what we do not have.

A utopia is impossible, for a perfect society requires perfect citizens. Therefore if one speaks of utopia, run in the opposite direction.

Constantly unsatisfied and searching for more, a human being's curse.

The brain cannot differentiate between what is real and what is imagined. To the brain, the fantasy is just as real as the reality.

Reflection, abstraction, and rationalization stifles action and promotes indolence.

Stop reflecting and start acting. When in doubt, act.

Many speak frivolously because they are petrified of the silence which reveals their emptiness.

Imagination is the remarkable ability of the human species that is underused and undervalued.

A life without love is purposeless.

We all seek love, but the kind of love we receive is proportionate to the love we do indeed think we deserve.

The answers we receive depend immensely upon the questions we ask.

Suffering is a virtue for those wanting to be great.

Suffering awakens that part of you that is capable of rising up against it.

Existence may not be possible without suffering and tragedy. Therefore, create a meaning for the suffering.

Why waste time asking riddles that you will never find the answer to?

Words disguise, actions reveal.

It is far better to die a failure than to die a coward.

Our ideas and beliefs grow rigid as we age, our openness to new ideas practically becomes a sealed door.

We miss the thing we never cherished, and feel remorse for the things we never did.

We love what we pay attention to, and our attention is easily seduced.

The beautiful belongs to the few.

If your neighbor walked by you in public, would you even recognize them?

To be a true individual, one must be fully responsible for their own choices. Take ownership of the good and the bad, to never allow themselves to play the victim.

We are all responsible for our own actions and have the power to choose how we react and perceive the world.

It becomes radically more difficult to be human in a world that is constantly becoming ever more inhuman.

To be a victim is to position yourself as a helpless, weak and pathetic individual who desires to be pitied. When the odds are against you, rise up and show strength of character, refuse to be a victim and refuse to be pitied.

Pity is a cruel evil.

Too often people misunderstand pity for compassion.

Is complete freedom even achievable? Or even a better question, is complete freedom even desirable?

Independence is reserved for the very few; it is a privilege for the strong.

Nietzsche's message for those elevated and illustrious souls: "Our highest insights must and should sound like follies, and sometimes like crimes when they are heard without permission by those who are not predisposed and predestined for them."