CHAPTER TWELVE

***

They had been driving for about three hours now, it was nearly midnight and Taejeon was dozing off in the backseat, head fallen against the window where he rested and had the cutest pout on his lips. Taehyung kept glancing back at the boy with sparkling eyes, "He looks so peaceful when he's asleep", he hummed quietly. They had calmed down by now, Troye Sivan's strawberries and cigarettes playing from the radio as they were driving off the highway.
Jungkook was getting a little tired and he had asked Taehyung to switch seats for a bit so the older would drive, Taehyung agreed and now they were stopping at a small pub that was opened at any hour.

To get some food before they'd continue driving.

When the car stopped, Taejeon's head shot up and he glanced at his father, "Are we there??"
"No, we're just getting food. Are you hungry?", Jungkook asked softly. Taejeon nodded tiredly, spreading his arms so someone would pick him up and carry him inside. Of course no one could resist against those big babie eyes and the pouty cheeks. Taehyung took him in his arms and cuddled him while they were walking inside, followed by Jungkook who had a smile playing on his lips as he saw Taehyung and the kid.

He was glad they liked each other, Kook was planning to stay with Taehyung for a pretty long time.
"Dad", Taejeon squeaked out, "Can I get a burger?"
They stopped in front of the counter to order food, "Yeah, a cheeseburger?", Kook asked and the tiny one smiled happily, agreeing to that.
A set of fries and two other burgers, two cokes and one apple juice and their order was complete. As they chose a seat, Jungkook's eyes glued to the TV while Taehyung and Taejeon kept playing around with each other, the little one constantly dazing off while playing around.

So it didn't take long until his big head was resting on Taehyung's chest, his hands clinging onto Taehyung's fingers as if he needed something to hold on. Taehyung smiled at Jungkook, holding the kid tightly.
"He usually sleeps at 8pm, it's pretty late for him", Kook hummed, eyeing his kid lovingly. There was nothing more precious in this world than the love a father held within his heart towards their son. Kook was sure of that.

"What's our plan, Taehyung?", he then asked after a while, looking at the older curiously. He still hadn't properly explained what was going to happen now.

"Well, first of all we'll stay at Miami for a bit, my cousin will take us in and keep us hidden", Taehyung mumbled. "And then I'll try to get some money, enough so we can leave the country and start over somewhere else. Does that sound alright?"

"So you want us three to stay together?", Jungkook asked, hope sparkling behind those sweet, pretty eyes of his.

Taehyung nodded, "I'd love that. You two feel like home to me, even though the circumstances are pretty weird-"
Jungkook blushed, trying to hide his big smile, "It does. I'd love to stay with you too."

They intertwined their fingers and stayed like this for a while.

"How are you gonna earn money though? We have to stay hidden from the public", Jungkook mumbled, looking at Taejeon, "And what are we gonna do with him? He should go to kindergarden and make friends and-"

"I never said the way I'm planning to earn money is in any way legal", Taehyung chuckled, "My cousin's pretty big in the drug dealing business, he'll get us some missions and that's it. Taejeon will just have to wait a little more till he can go to kindergarden again"
Jungkook sighed, "Drug dealing? Seriously?", he asked worriedly.

"In every movie that ends up with deadly scenes", Jungkook mumbled and ruffled through Taejeon's hair, "I don't want to put my baby in danger."

"We'll be fine, I promise", Taehyung took Jungkook's hand and squeezed it tightly, "As long as we are together, nothing will break us apart."