CHAPTER V

i feel okay when i see you smile, ❞

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Oh!" Said Marianne, delightedly, a letter in her hand. (Y/N) looked up from her porridge, startled out of her thoughts, she watched Marianne open her letter with mild curiosity, although it was often always from Willoughby—who (Y/N) had to, grudgingly, admit was a good suitor.

"What is it, Marianne?" Margaret asked, pushing herself up from her seat, trying to get a glimpse of Marianne's letter, "Let me read it first, Margaret!" Mamma gently pushed Margaret back down on her seat, scolding her youngest child mildly with a stern look.

"That's—what, your eleventh letter, Marianne?" Elinor teases lightly, her smile too knowing. Marianne just beamed, her eyes bright as she turned to mamma, "Mamma, Willoughby says he is to visit this morning."

"How wonderful, my darling." Their mamma says, looking pleased, (Y/N) smiled tightly, pressing her lips together, trying to look happy for Marianne—she didn't know why she disliked Willoughby, she just felt like he was a foul and untrustworthy man, however, Marianne fancied him, and (Y/N) would to try to be happy for her.

After breakfast (Y/N) was tasked to teach Margaret how to manage the family accounts until Willoughby's arrival. Margaret was displeased at the notion of studying so early in the morning, and (Y/N) tried not to laugh at Margaret pinched expression while she helped her younger sister through mock problems.

"This is pointless," Margaret moaned, slouching in her seat, rubbing her wrist, she was having trouble with a fairly complicated problem, "Do not slouch," (Y/N) chided gently, "You are doing well, Margaret. We just have a few more problems to work through."

"Do I have to? You're going to be here with us, anyway."

"I'm not going to be here forever, you know."

Margaret's shoulders dropped and her eyebrow's furrowed, "But—but marriage is stupid, you can become a pirate with me instead." She frowned, crossing her arms, "You're going to leave me like Marianne and Elinor when they get married, aren't you?" She sulked, looking petulant.

"We are never going to abandon you, Margaret. We'll always be with you." (Y/N) smiled, (Y/N) understood what Margaret felt but was slightly offended that her little sister thought she wouldn't want to get married.

"Promise?"

"Of course! Have I broken any of my promises?" (Y/N) teased, bumping her shoulder against her little sister's, who in turn giggled, "We'll continue tomorrow," (Y/N) winked, storing the quill and ink away. Margaret beamed, pushing to stand, "Wash your hands first, ink is hard to get out if you leave it longer."

"Okay," Margaret says, inspecting her ink-stained hands, and skipping off towards the kitchen, (Y/N) rolled up the ledger that Margaret used for her lessons, putting it away.

It's a nice day outside, perhaps I could convince Margaret to accompany me outside, (Y/N) mused her gaze wandering towards the window, standing up to stretch slightly.

Sunlight streamed into the room accompanied by a soft breeze through the open window, yes, (Y/N) decided, clapping her hands together and smiling widely, today would be a perfect time for them to try out the kite and maybe a little picnic. She rushes out into the tiny hallway, almost bumping into Willoughby. She'd forgotten his first name—wasn't it James?