Chapter 30

Marinette's P.O.V.

Damian drove in some random direction, Marinette assumed he was taking her back to the hotel. She had a great time, if that was what dates were like then she could get used to it. The car was playing Jagged Stone, Marinette let Damian keep the volume lower than she usually listened as she mouthed the words.

They slowed down and came to a stop in some parking lot, Damian parked and turned the car off before walking around and opening the door for Marinette,

"Where are we?" The bluenette asked confused.

"The pier, I thought we could take a walk?"

"Oh, okay!" Marinette said happy at the thought of spending more time with Damian, it felt weird calling someone her 'boyfriend.' At least he was probably as clueless as she was.

Marinette then realized that this was where he was probably going to ask her. It was beautiful, the dark water crashed against the pier and beach in a calming rhythm, the wooden dock was empty and the moon shined brightly down on them after the clouds rolled away. They walked holding hands occasionally glancing at each other. Once, they'd glanced at the same time but instead of getting embarrassed they just laughed it off with tinted cheeks. The couple walked in silence, enjoying each other's company.

"It's beautiful." Marinette said simply when they stopped at some railings facing the ocean, she loved the feeling of the breeze as it ruffled her hair. Damian hummed in agreement and turned to look at her, she turned to meet him. It felt like a scene in a movie but eventually that thought faded. Marinette got lost in his eyes, they held an intense tenderness.

She had a feeling that Damian had more emotions than he let on, he only kept the image of not caring. That facade was cracking but she was worried as to why he refused to share what he felt.

His clear jade eyes continued to bore into her baby blues. The petite Parisian studied Damian's eyes just as intensely as he did hers. Damian's irises seemed darker in contrast to his tan olive complexsion as it reflected the light of the moon, the rings of forest green spreading as the light streaks of emeraald seemed to melt away. His dark lashes surrounded the vivid irises, framing them as if they were pieces of art.

Marinette didn't know how long they stood like that but eventually, he found what he was looking for and lifted his hand to her cheek before gently stroking it with his thumb. He began leaning in stopping just before their lips met, their eyes hadn't closed yet but he was telling her it was her choice she could pull away or close the gap. She could see everything, every color and shade, every streak and ring hidden in his intelligent eyes. She could see how at ease he tried to look but how truly uncomfortable he was putting himself on the line like that. He left that last half or quarter of an inch to her, he respected the fact that it was her decision. Even if it wasn't their first. Marinette shut her eyes as she closed the gap.

Marinette's lips gently met his, their lips brushed for a moment before she kissed him more firmly gaining confidence as he returned the favor. She felt his breath fan her face, she could faintly smell his aftershave and cologne. He kissed her back just as gently, one hand still holding her cheek and the other moved to her neck. It was like a dance, a balance between the two slowly building up to the crescendo.

The allowed them to say everything they couldn't without a word. Maybe Marinette was reading too into everything. Maybe it was just a really sweet kiss with her really sweet boyfriend. But maybe, just maybe, it was the start of one of those silly, American romantic comedies where she'd get her happily ever after. Where Marinette could eventually fall in love and get married- but maybe that was too forward, she was getting overly excited and over attached. Think she's going to marry her first boyfriend, on their first date is rediculous but it was a tempting 'unless' in the overly optimistic girls lovesick mind.