𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟎 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐨

𝘞𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨: 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘴 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘵

After scaling the drainpipe up to Ember's room for what could've be the last time, I climbed into her room once she opened the window. My eyes were instantly drawn to the packed bags near her wardrobe.

"How are you doing?" I asked tentatively.

"As expected." She hugged her arms around her body and stared at her suitcases sadly.

"I'm sorry for just showing up out of the blue... Do you want me to stay?" I questioned and seriously hoped she'd say yes.

"Of course, I'm glad you're here with me. I want you to stay." Dragging her eyes away from her bags as I did the same, Ember smiled softly at me. "Why wouldn't I?"

Oh, I don't know, maybe because tomorrow we're going to end up on separate continents and not see each other for who knows how long and I'm not sure how well a long-distance relationship would work out between us, what with you learning to control your power and me searching for a group of people who have been kidnapped and aren't all alive?

"No reason." I shrugged and pushed off my shoes.

"I've missed you." Ember stepped closer to me.

"What do you mean? I'm right here," I told her. "I haven't been anywhere."

"No, I know." She stepped closer to me again, wrapping her arms around my neck. "I just missed you like this."

She brought her lips to mine and joy blossomed within me when our lips touched — all feelings of loneliness and numbness vanished like mist in front of the sun.

All I needed, all I wanted was her.

She pushed off my coat and pulled my hoodie over my head. Our bodies wrapped around each other easily, my hands in her hair, her hands on my back, our lips pressed so tightly together, our tongues dancing in each other's mouths.

Ember broke the kiss, and both of us stood there struggling to catch our breath as we stared at each other.

She's so beautiful.

Her wavy, dirty blonde hair hung messily around her shoulders, her dark-blue eyes were alight with passion, and her lips were smiling at me.

"What are you staring at?" Her smile quickly turned to a frown, "Have I got something on my face?"

"No, you haven't. I'm just staring at how beautiful you are," I admitted.

"Oh, shut up!" She pushed at my chest.

"I'm serious," I insisted and grabbed her hand that tried to push me.

She rolled her eyes, grinning. "Whatever."

I pulled her close to me again, but before I could kiss her, she took my hand and led me to her bed.

"You know this could be the last time that we—"

"Shh, Em," I shushed her, pressing my lips against her. I didn't want her to start talking and start complicating things. Because I knew damn well that this could be the last time that we were together like this for a long while, I just didn't want to hear those words aloud.

"Okay," she murmured to me and kissed me back.

And suddenly I was getting hotter and hotter under her touch, I was burning up with desire for her, for her body. Sitting up, I quickly dragged my t-shirt over my head, before hovering over Ember again. Our lips were together in an instant, with no hesitation whatsoever. My hands crept up her oversized t-shirt to pull it off her.