5: f⃣l⃣a⃣m⃣e⃣s⃣

finally arriving at the zoo, after a while of toga's whining, you five made it!

buying tickets for everyone, you also saw those animal backpacks with leashes on them. not wanting to lose them, you asked each of them to pick an animal backpack.

toga picked the unicorn one. dabi picked a lion one. twice picked an elephant one. and shigaraki picked a penguin one. 'all so damn cuteeeee!!!'

putting their new backpacks on, you held the end of the leashes. 'okay, hands down. best invention ever'.

you asked them which animal they wanted to visit first and they all spouted different answers.

"okay, how about we go to the penguins first for tenko. then the elephants for jin. then the giraffes for himi and finally the lions for todo?"

they all nodded. looking at the map and walking towards the penguins. you five entered this cave-shaped area.

behind the glass there were platforms of ice and beneath was water. some penguins were already in the water swimming, while some were still on land.

shigaraki places both of his little hands on the glass, eyes wide, looking astonished. you secretly took a picture. you were totally going to tease him for it once they turned back.

next visiting the elephants, it honestly stank a lot. at one point, one of the elephants pooped and you thought you might've puked. although twice was very entertained.

next was the giraffes. they were all very tall, even the baby giraffes were probably as tall as you or slightly taller.

"WOWWWW!!", toga exclaimed excitedly. she kept jumping up and down, giving you a chance to take another picture.

finally, it was time to visit the lions. they were outside on a terrain, with tall pieces of glass separating them from the humans.

dabi walked up slightly closer. before you could pull him back, a lion had walked up to him, probably trying to scare him. but he didn't move.

what he did next surprised you and shocked you. he held out his right hand, looked straight into the lion's eyes. blue flames.

they weren't as controlled or as huge as when he was an adult. but they were sparks, they were there.

quickly pulling him into a hug, you picked him up, patting his head. people around y'all looked before looking away. thank god, not thinking too much about it.

heading towards home, you decided to take dabi into his old room to talk to him.

"was that the first time that happened??"

"what happened?", he asked.

you flicked his forehead gently. "don't get sassy with me, you brat".

"...no. it's not the first time..."

"when were you first able to get those flames to show up??"

"some time around Wednesday i think. i was in our room and it kinda just happened..."

"do you not like your quirk?", you asked. every villain has a story. and perhaps seeing the youngest todoroki sparked something in his memory.

he seemed to hesitate for a moment. 'he's headstrong, even as a kid', you thought. you concluded that whatever happened, made him conceal his feelings away and put on a stubborn facade.

"the boy...the boy we saw earlier reminded me of someone".

"who?"

"i can't remember exactly but i know i don't like him, whoever it is. like a strong hate".

"but?"

"but it's not towards the boy. he just...reminded me of that person i hate very much".

'perhaps it's one of his other siblings? or parents, maybe'.

"i'm sure you'll remember soon. i have a feeling we'll be seeing that boy soon enough. don't worry too much okay?", you said while giving him a warm smile.

"mhm", he nodded before asking you something.

"do you like my blue flames?"

"yes, very much so. they're very pretty. the prettiest flames I've ever seen".

he gave you a small smile, then proceeding to lay his head on you lap. you started running your hand through his hair like you did previously with little shigaraki.

he fell asleep quickly. he looked at peace and for once, he didn't have his guard up.