VIII

Charlie's POV.

"what's wrong with her? " Alexander voice echoed through the whole hospital shaking everyone .

"Alpha, her body had little traces of silver but i don't know how - how-"

"how what goddamit - Speak ." alex commanded . it was dangerous to be even standing nearby him right now.

"we don't know how she got silver inside her body... unless someone gave it to her or injected her but her body is recovering quite fast . she will woke up soon " another doctor spoke as he entered into the room.

"silver? how is it even possible? no one can even touch it. " tim spoke confused comforting the doctors.

"you all can leave. Charlie and Tim you both take care of this matter . i want the person behind it and as for Laurance and those boys lock them in dungeon . " alex finally spoke . his voice was tired. it had been 4 hours and he didn't moved an inch from her side.

as soon as everyone left i looked at alex before leaving him as he nodded .

DAVINA'S pov

i looked around as i woke up in unfamiliar surrounding . i can hear continuous beep of what felt like a machine sound. it am in a hospital.

i was feeling a little weak but the burning sensation was gone. when i fell unconscious my wolf dominance weakened which led to silver in my body vanish. i sighed . as my bead was still buzzing.

i looked at my side. his hand was holding mine . i curled up a little so that our face is opposite to each other. he looked tired. his hair was messed up and as he was sleeping it's the first time i noticed how long and curly eyelashes he have.

"what are you looking at? " he spoke as he looked at me. his eyes were red and swollen. his was voice was calming.

"how does it feel to be moon goddess favourite child ? " i asked him back. my voice sounded more like whisper .

"what? " he spoke confused. we both were in the same position . he was sitting on chair and head lying on the bed and i curled up at my side our face were few inches from each other. i didn't wanted to move. it was comfortable.

" you have every girl's dream eye lashes " i spoke pouting my lips .
he just chuckled.

"it feels nice. it feels amazing to be moon goddess favourite child since she gave me you . i am the luckiest person " he spoke calmly. this time his was deep and sexy to be honest.

i just smiled at his this statement as he smiled back looking at me .

"you should smile more often. " i said looking at his grey eyes. he looked down and took a deep breath and again looked up at me.

" seems like you are still drowsy by whatever doctors had given you.." he smiled again continuing

" you should stay beside me for that to happen. i know it's too early and you need time but the moment i saw you for the first time. i fell for you that instant itself . i like you and i almost lost you today. you scared me to the depth. i didn't even knew i possesed those emotions. stay beside me . if it's too hard for you to take a step forward towards me . then i will walk towards you.... i will come to you but just stay. give me a chance. ...i will show you that you can trust me . i don't know what i will do without you. i will be better off dead without you. " his eyes were brimmed with tears as he spoke. for a while we both looked at each other .

"Let's go back home . i want to sleep and ethan will also be waiting for me. " i said in flat tone as i closed my eyes. i didn't knew what to say . i am not used to someone caring about me and specially someone i was sent to kill.

if i stay around him anymore or if he continues i don't think i will be able to do what i came here for. i need to control myself. as planned i will act accordingly tonight. let's finish this for once and for all .

-------

"how was your day ethan ?" i asked him. he looked at me confused as we usually never have this type of conversation ....

"what's gotten into you? " he questioned as he came back after dressing up .

my lips twitched upwards as i remembered Charlie's statement this morning. he isn't wrong though maybe we are used to have conversations like this.

"if i ask you a question... you should answer that first and then ask whatever you want to know " i said kneeling in front of ethan. so we both are eye level to each other.

"it was the same normal new day. other children stared at me at starting but later they minded their own business except for this girl. she is sticky and keeps following me. i got a lot of work to catchup but fortunately the syllabus is almost same ... the other pack kids also behaved normally " he spoke as i took all the words. this was a lot he ever spoke to me at one time.

"now your turn? what's wrong with you? " he continued

"uhmm.. nothing kid... i am just tired.. i will take rest, you can play or complete your work ...i will be here if you need any help " i said going back to the bed. i need to rest for a while before executing my plan.

"tired? you are sounding weird..anyways i am going to do my homework downstairs and i am not kid. i will soon be 10 " he said walking out of the room with his books .

i laid down not knowing what will i do without this little wolf. all these years ... he anchored me down . Alexander was in his study room as he cancelled his plan for tomorrow so he needs to make some calls and complete some pending work as he spend the whole day with me in hospital.

"you are being hesitant. will you be able to do it ? i can't help you in this D. " my wolf spoke a little sad.

"i can. are you doubting me? ... this is not the first time i am going to assassinate someone. " i spoke back.

if i have to be honest . i don't know whether or not i will be able to kill alex but i have to take a step forward only if i do that then i will be able to kill him . as it's the fight for life. either he dies or i die and i know how keen i am on surviving so once it's over i know it will hurt because of mate bond but it will get better with time.

only by this way i can give ethan a good life away from me and can go after those people.
"or we can leave ethan here with alex and his pack he will have great life like this. why do we have to go though this way? " my wolf questioned me again.

"because i have given my word daeliah and i can't seem to fall weak because of a 'mate' whom i just met few days back . "

"you can say 'no' . it's not a big deal...no one knows who you are "

" you are sounding pathetic and weak Daeliah. he is just a guy we met few days back . are you even listening to yourself? and if we leave him right now... he will come for us and i can't risk that. " i was angry and once again she created a barrier between us. leaving me all alone.

---------------------

* Author's Note :  please vote and comment if you like this chapter.  it will just take a second. :) . your support means a lot *