Third year- Part 1

November 30th 1973:

"Something's up with Potter's buddy," Sev states as we back from Potions together.

"Which one, Peter?" I ask, assuming that it would be him. He looks like he is the most breakable.

"No, Remus!" Sev clarifies, and I surreptitiously sneak a glance at him. 

"What's wrong with him?" I ask, honestly not seeing anything out of the ordinary. "Sure he's growing a beard, and that might be a bit early, but there's nothing strange about that..." I trail off, as Sev seems to lose interest. 

"I don't really know. He just seems... quieter than usual."

Thinking about it, he does seem a lot more withdrawn, but isn't that just his nature?

"Nah," I say, dismissing the comment. "He's probably just stressed with exams and hanging out with Potter all the time. After all, that's enough to drive anyone to insanity!"

Sev laughs. 

*****************************************************************************

4th January 1974:

I gaze out at the grounds of the school. The full moon is out, and it looks beautiful, illuminating the silhouettes of the Whomping Willow and Hagrid's hut. 

I can't sleep tonight. Maybe it's because something about Remus is troubling me. I can't quite put my finger on it though. I shouldn't even be thinking about it, after all, Sev mentioned it at least a month ago now.

So why am I thinking about it  now?

Suddenly, I see something dart across the grounds. Someone slip quietly into the shadows, trying to seem invisible. They head towards the shrieking shack.

Curiosity gets the better of me, and I slip on my shoes and go out to follow them. 

I take the same route they did, and find myself heading towards the Whomping Willow. But the branches aren't trying to kill me this time. Strange. 

I walk in silence for a while, listening for any signs of the mysterious person. Then, I hear something. 

I walk slower, more cautiously, until I come to a door, which hasn't been shut properly, probably in a rush. I peek inside, and just about stop myself from gasping. 

There is a wolf. More specifically, a werewolf. I can tell by their eyes. They are more human-like. 

I turn on my heel and run back the way I came. I am just about to report it to Headmaster Dumbledore, but decide against it, as I don't even know who this person is. 

So, instead, I wait by the window, waiting for the mysterious person to emerge from the depths of the Whomping Willow. 

I watch for hours, and I rub my eyes, determined to stay awake just a little while longer. Just as my head is nodding, I see a figure tiptoe across the lawn, trying not to be seen. I only catch a glimpse of his face for a second. A second is all I need. 

It's Remus. 

A/N: Hi! I thought that Lily would probably figure out that Remus is a werewolf, as she's far from stupid. I don't know if I've got all of the details correct, but I tried! What do you think of this chapter? Ok? Boring?

Lots of love

Saf xx