eighteen

"what?" minsoo asks, taken off guard when she processed what heejin said

"i connected with my soulmate," she repeated, causing minsoo to draw in a hefty breath.

"it's yeonjun, isn't it?"

"how'd you know?" heejin asked, extremely surprised minsoo had known before she even said anything.

"you and yeonjun have always had a rather questionable relationship. since you were kids, your mother and i always thought it'd be ironic if you grew up needing each other. but we also knew, something like this would happen."

"like this?"

"you're separating yourself from each other. even if you both suffer physically, you'll do anything in your power to stay apart before it's too late."

heejin realized what minsoo had said was right.

no matter what, she and yeonjun were apart. yeonjun hadn't texted her since the day after they found out.

"but what you don't realize is that this isn't only taking a toll on you two physically. you guy deciding to stay apart will also affect you mentally. the pain you will endure will make you question if you really want to die."

𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚 𝙨𝙠𝙞𝙥

day fifteen. still no contact.

"yeonjun, are you sure you don't want to go to the hospital?" jiyeon asked, setting down a cup of tea beside his bed.

the two had the second closest boy-girl relationship in the group, after jisoo and beomgyu.

both of them were only children and wished for the day they would have their own siblings.

soon enough into their friendship they practically saw each other as siblings.

they were two of the four in the "sibling pact" of the groups. the other two being sooyoung and kai.

jiyeon treated yeonjun as if he really was her little brother while yeonjun fulfilled his duties of being the annoying younger brother.

"i'm sure." he groaned from under his blanket.

with a sigh, jiyeon pulled the blanket from over yeonjun's head.

"yeonjun, you're literally sweating. why do you have a blanket on?" she asked worriedly.

"it's cold," he whined, grabbing the blanket back and tucking himself under it.

"you have a fan pointed towards you." jiyeon said, hovering her hand over the fan's settings.

"no, no! i'll get hot!" he continued to whine from under his blanket.

with a confused stare, jiyeon dropped her hand to her side, staring at the lump on his bed.