Five

I finally arrive in America after a long 22 hour plane ride. As I walk out to the terminal I see a young couple just like in my picture I was given.

Vada Walker is her name. She has bright red wavy hair that stops just before her shoulders. She has hazel eyes and freckly skin.

Travis Walker is his name. He has jet black curly hair. His skin glowing a golden tan. His eyes a dark blue.

I put on a brave face walking up to them. They can't know about what happened.

"Hi are you Mr and Mrs Walker?" I ask trying to keep my voice from shaking. "Hi sweetie, you must be Riley. It's such a pleasure to finally me you." Mrs Walker says pulling me in for a hug. She lets me go letting Mr Walker pull me in for a hug.

I guess they seem nice. But they are not my family. Thinking about them pulls at my heart. I hold back my tears not wanting them to see me cry. "Well Riley do you have any other bags you need to get?" Mr Walker says letting me go. "No Sir." I say looking down at my feet.

"Well that's okay I'm sure we will be able to find you something. Here I'll take your bag." He says reaching out for it. I don't want to let it out of my sight it's the last thing I have left to remind me of back home. But I take a deep breath and pass it to him.

I don't want them to think I'm rude. I am great full that someone wanted to take me in. Even if I don't show it. But deep down I'm glad.

We head out into the parking lot and head to their Ute. As we leave the airport I can't help but feel sick. I've never been to America before but I've always wanted to go. But not like this.

"So how was your flight over here?" Mrs Walker asks turning around to look at me. "Okay." I say not really knowing what else to say. "Well I'm glad to hear. We have a bit of a drive before we arrive home. So let us know if you need to stop." She says before turning back around.

"Shhhh don't wake her up." I hear someone say. To tired to open my eyes I roll back over and fall back into a deep sleep.

"WAKE UP!" Someone yells startling me from my sleep. I jolt up head butting something hard.

"Arrrr!" A little boy cry's out holding his head tears running down his face.

I look around the room unsure of where I am and who this little boy is on my bed. Then I notice it's not my bed it's not my room. I can't breathe. I start to hyperventilate. I notice the little boy has stopped crying now looking at me with a weird look.

I hear footsteps coming this way. The door swings open. "Get out!" Mrs Walker yells at the little boy gets off the bed and runs out the room. She sits on the bed. "Just breathe it's okay. You are safe." She says with a calming voice.

I finally catch my breath. I can't help the tears from rolling down my face. She pulls me into a hug telling me everything is going to be okay. Apparently I fell asleep half way home and they didn't wanna wake me so Mr Walker carried me up to my room. I wash my face and follow Mrs Walker down the steps and into the dining room as dinner was ready.

"Boys! Foods up!" Mr Walker yells out. I take a seat at the table next to Mrs Walker when they all start coming in. I can't hide the look of shock on my face when they all sit down.

"Darling what's wrong?" Mr Walker says looking at me. "Um." Is all that comes out of my mouth. "Oh my I'm so sorry I forgot to tell you about our boys." Mrs Walker says a little embarrassed.

"So Lane is the oldest he is 19, he is at college."

Lane has golden tan skin, he has curly red hair and hazel eyes.

"Then next we have Angus, he is 17 and it's his last year of high school."

Angus has bright blue eyes, freckles covering his whole body. And bright red wavy hair.

"Now, Weston he just turned 15. Still in high school must to his disgust."

Weston has bright green eyes, brown curly hair and golden skin like his older brother.

"Spencer is 12 and it's his first year of big boy school."

Spencer has jet black curly hair, dark blue eyes and golden tan skin. Looking like a smaller version of his Daddy.

"And last but not least our little monster Mateo who is 5 going on 21."

Mateo has tan skin, brown hair, crystal blue eyes and glasses that are to big for him.

I still can't get over how many boys they have. I feel sorry for Mrs Walker, she is out run by boys.

"Boys I would like you all to meet Riley Lane. She is going to be staying with us, so I hope you all make her welcome." Mr Walker says proudly introducing me to his 5 boys.

"Why?" Mateo says filling his mouth full of food. "Because she needs a family and we wanted her in our family." Mrs Walker says. "Don't you have a Mama or a Daddy like I do?" He says curiously spitting food everywhere. The other boys can't help but laugh.

"Mateo Walker how many times do you have to be told not to talk with your mouth full. And use your manners boy. And you lot don't encourage your little brother." Mr Walker says with a stern voice.

Once dinner was over I stayed to help Mrs Walker clean up the mess all the boys left. "Oh Darlin you don't have to do that." Mrs Walker says washing the dishes. "No it's okay Mrs Walker." I say drying the dishes. "Please call me Vada or Mum but not Mrs Walker it makes me feel old. Well older then what I am." She says smiling at me.

I head back up stairs to my room and go for a much needed shower. I grab a towel that was on my bed and my only change of clothes and head down the hallway to find the bathroom.

"You lost good looking?" Mateo says running out of a room. "Maybe a little." I say feeling useless.

"Well where you going?" He says putting a finger to his chin. "Well I think this is called a towel." I say holding it up. He nods his head.

"Sooo is it called the kitchen?" I ask him trying not to laugh when he makes a strange face at me. "Wow you really don't know much it's called a bathroom and it's this way. Silly bugger." He says grabbing my hand and pulling me with him back down the hallway.

He opens the door and pulls me in closing it behind us. "So this is called a toilet." He says pointing to it. "Ohhhh. I thought you drink from them. Whoops." I say making him giggle and screw his face up.

"Well what's this called?" I ask pointing to the sink. "A sink you wash your bits in there." He says. Leaving me as his brothers called his name.

I have a shower and wash my hair. Once I'm finished I head back to my room finding all the boys sitting waiting for me.

"Hey she is back." Mateo says jumping up to come over to me. I look around at them all as they stare at me. "So how was your shower?" Mateo questions smiling at me. "Oh really good thanks. I didn't know water came out if that little sink." I say making Mateo laugh.

"Wait did you wash yourself in that?" Spencer asks looking at me with a worried look on his face like the other boys. "Yeah Mateo said you wash your bits in it. It was very hard but I did it." I say having to bite my tongue so I don't laugh.

Lane looks at me but before he can say anything Vada comes in and stops when she sees all the boys sitting on my bed. "What is going on in here?" She asks looking around for an answer.

"Mum she is so funny can we keep her?Can we please? I'll be so good I'll look after her. I'll feed her and water her. Please?" Mateo begs jumping up and down. Making everyone laugh. "Why what did you do Mr?" Vada asks sounding concerned.

"I told her that you wash yourself in the sink and she did." He says laughing. Vada can't help but laugh with the rest of us as Mateo leaves the room to go tell Travis.

"Daddy guess what she is one crazy alien!" Mateo screams out to his Dad.

I think it's safe to say I'm going to really like it here.