Chapter 2: Rekindling

Tori Vega's Point of View

"Tori! Get up!" A tedious creature shouts, making my eyes open. My vision is black, maybe i'm having a nightmare?

Something then slams against my head though making me know that this is no sleeping nightmare, but a real life nightmare. I groan and raise my head to see Trina standing by my bed with a pillow in her hands. I don't have time to cover and defend myself when the next blow from the pillow hits me in the head.

"Trina..." I groan wondering what I might have done in my past life to deserve this kind of torture.

"Wake up, mom has breakfast downstairs." She informs me, just before leaving my room. I sigh in relief knowing she's gone, I start to raise my body from my bed feeling my body ache. I look at the clock on my phone and see that I only fell asleep a few hours ago. I couldn't find myself to fall asleep last night, the walls of my new room were haunting me.

I walk out of my room, having to walk around boxes to do so. I smile though when a heavingly scent reaches my nose, at least Trina wasn't lying when she said there would be breakfast. The smell of bluberry pancakes help my feet move faster down the stairs. My eyebrows raise in surprise though when I see that my mother has placed all of the furniture where she would like it, the two piece couch sits in the middle of the room facing the wall.

I shrug knowing my mind is focused on more important things, in this case, blueberry pancakes.

I sit down at the table in the dining room, sitting in the seat as far away from Trina. Pancakes already layed out on the paper plates, the sounds of my father's and sister's delighted groans filling the room as they eat their pancakes. I smile at my mother in thanks as she sets down a plate in front of me.

"We have to use paperplates for right now, I still have no idea where our nice ones are yet." She tells me as she sits down beside me with her own plate.

"It's no problem at all, thanks for the pancakes." I smile before digging in myself, already getting syrup on my chin.

"Oh you're welcome sweety." My mother replies, beaming.

"Let's talk about today's agenda." My father then suggests after he swallows a forkfull of food down.

"I'm going to sit down by that pool for a while, I need to catch up on my natural tan." Trina announces making my father raise his eyebrows.

"We should probably do that this weekend, we need to unpack more of these boxes today." He tells us making Trina frown.

"Can I see Beck today?" I ask urgently, hoping my parents haven't forgotten that I have planned to meet with Beck today.

"Oh yeah, sure. But try to unpack some more before you go." My father replies making me smile, I don't know if I could last much longer without seeing Beck. He's the one reason the move sounded even close to pleasant.

I finish my pancakes before going back upstairs to my room, beginning to unpack some more of the remaining boxes. With music, it isn't torturous. I actually get most of everything unpacked by noon. With only a few boxes left, I make the decision to get ready to go see Beck. I find my clothes easily, picking out a cute yet friendly outfit.

I walk downstairs an hour later, feeling ready to leave. I find my mother unpacking more of the boxes with kitchen lables on them. Many different kitchen appliances sitting on the counters, waiting for a place to be permantly set.

"Hey mom, i'm going to go meet Beck now...Where's the keys?" I ask her with a smile, feeling excited for this little trip.

"They're on the kitchen table." She tells me gesturing to our table with a nod of her head, I smile and take the few steps towards the table to pick up the keys.