Interview: Cursed pt.1

Another interview with Daniel Sharman, from On Demand Entertainment, in which he talks about his role in the Cursed series

ODE: I saw you "dance" and "sing" on your Instagram account during the lockdown, so thank you.

DANIEL: Oh, you saw it. Thanks to you, ask me when you need to escape from something, I'm here for you.

ODE: Yes, I saw it on a loop. A lot of times. You are very good, a crooner practically.

DANIEL: Yes, I'm a bit of a crooner. In fact I can't really sing, in fact in my acting school in over 130 years of history they never stopped anyone during the songs presented at the auditions, but they stopped me halfway through the song and they never made me sing again. So I think I'll express myself more than anything else by pretending to sing, without having this gift.

ODE: For mimicry though, you could easily be a pop star.

DANIEL: You're right, there is an autotune today, I could get by.

ODE: As for the Weeping Monk, how did you wear the Monaco "mask"?

DANIEL: I took all his emotions and repressed them in the most British way possible and then I let all the emotions slip out of my face and buried them in my soul. This is my Weeping Monk mask.

ODE: You're right about us Brits, we never say anything to anyone.

DANIEL: Never. Never. I worked with a great teacher who is Giles Foreman and he said to me: "This is what the British do. It's what we do, we repress everything and bury every feeling and every residue of our emotions in depth so entrust it to this. This was your childhood anyway. "

ODE: It's a little unfair you know? Arthur flirts much more than you do in the series. How did Devon do it?

DANIEL: You know, we talked a lot. Devon has the worst phrases in the world to attack button, so it was actually a great challenge to make him believe he knew how to flirt.

ODE: He told me he's obsessed with Love Island (an English reality show) because this background reminds him of it.

DANIEL: Yes it's true, it seems a little Love Island, it has the same style.

ODE: Among the men with whom to enter the bubble - keeping social distancing - I would not choose Arthur, because there is something in him for which I would not trust much.

DANIEL: Too kind.

ODE: Too cute.

DANIEL: Who would you bring in the bubble?

ODE: To tell you the truth, the Weeping Monk because he's a guy who doesn't say much so you can dominate him.

DANIEL: Or it's just the kind of strong man who doesn't talk much. He looks like a threatening guy but he's deeply wounded inside, and you could hurt yourself too.

ODE: Exactly. What's the best thing about Weeping Monk? What do you love about your character?

DANIEL: I love his internal conflict. I had this opportunity to play a character who has a very interesting story, to be discovered until the end. He is a truly strange human being whom you will see from the beginning. My favorite thing is to be able to interpret this conflict in this magical world.

ODE: Are you ready for all the attention of the fans? I mean, you already have a lot, but from now on even more. Are you ready to see your instagram mail filled with messages or to see you on billboards?

DANIEL: (Scherza) Nobody ever writes me in my private messages, Lucy, it's something that doesn't happen to me ... I'm not good at technology so I wouldn't even know how to see them. But yes, the billboards will be a really strange experience. But I just hope that people like it, that they enjoy the show and that they can have something to distract themselves during this period and have some fun.

Source: https://danielsharman.it

Have you watched Cursed?

Idk about you but I love it so far😍😍