Interview: Cursed pt.2

In an interview with Comic Book, Daniel talked about how his character in the Cursed series has traits in common with Troy Otto, played in the Fear The Walking Dead series, and how he managed to keep the secret about the identity of the Weeping monk

I loved Troy Otto in Fear The Walking Dead and watching Cursed I found many similarities between the two characters. How would you compare them? And what did you get from Troy and take to the Weeping Monk?

DANIEL: There are some very important elements that I love about this character. I love playing misunderstood characters, outsiders who have something unresolved in their lives. There is something unstable about Troy and the instability in his life is mostly expressed in his interactions, while with the Weeping Monk all this is not there because I wanted it to be devoid of feelings. I tried to take away all his emotions. It was fun to play Troy and people liked it because he had a certain charm and it was interesting how he related to people, while the Monaco is without empathy and you will take much longer to get to know this character and in the end his path is really interesting. I like the fact that there are no other interpretations of this person, because you can hold back the audience who will think "I don't know who this person is!". There are similarities between them (Troy and Weeping Monk).

You talked about your character's path and obviously we can't talk about it, there are a lot of things that must remain secret. There are a lot of things that will come out. What was your method of keeping secret during the show? With all the other existing versions, the book ... it's hard to keep the secret.

DANIEL: Yes, it was actually partly fun. I have a secret that I can't tell anyone, and I'm afraid that people will find out who he is (the Weeping Monk) so I live by hiding this person, the identity of this human being. If anyone knows who my character really is, I'm like "Oooh, so you know ..." and then like "Close that mouth **." It is in the strings of the character, however, to have to keep everything under control and be afraid that his inner life may come out.

Source: https://danielsharman.it