Snake Bit (Part 1)

Trollex and DJ were out for a swim outside of the reef.

They came to the kelp forest.

DJ said, "Wow. Beautiful."

Trollex said, "I know. Right?"

They continued swimming through the forest, blissfully unaware something was watching them.

Trollex suspected something and asked, "Hey, uh, do you ever get the feeling you're being watched?"

DJ replied, "Now that you mention it, I do feel like we're not the only ones out here."

They heard a small hiss.

"What was that?"

"DJ, stay close."

Just then, a sea snake popped out at them!

It tried to bite them, but missed.

"DJ, swim!"

However, Trollex felt a small bit of pain on one of his fins.

Once they got out, Trollex asked, "Are you ok?"

DJ replied, "I'm fine. What about you?"

Trollex said, "I'm fine. Let's go back to the reef."

They did just that.

***

Back in the castle, TBDB was waiting for the royal couple.

When they finally entered, he asked, "Where were you? You were gone a while."

DJ replied, "We were just out for a long swim. By the way, there was a sea snake in the kelp forest, so make a note."

TBDB got a notebook ready.

DJ then started, "Until the threat is removed, the kelp forest is off limits."

TBDB then asked, "And you two didn't get hurt?"

DJ replied, "Nope. We're good."

She then turned and saw Trollex looking down.

She asked, "Are you sure you're ok?"

Trollex reassured her, "Yes. I'm fine."

***

That night, Trollex went to bed early while DJ decided to stay up and write more songs.

Just then, Poppy, Branch, the Snack Pack, and the other leaders dropped by.

Poppy said, "Hey, DJ! How's the Queen of the Techno Trolls?"

DJ said, "So far, so good. Not much has happened but I feel prepared for whatever might happen next. And besides, I've got Trollex by my side."

Biggie said, "True. I'm so glad everything's going so well for you two."

DJ then said, "And hopefully, nothing will ruin it."

However, TBDB came to them, "You guys! You gotta come quick! It's Trollex!"

Everyone made concerned faces and quickly followed him.

***

They all opened the bedroom door.

DJ said with a worried voice, "Trollex."

Trollex wasn't asleep.

He was sitting on the side of the bed with his head down.

He clearly didn't look so good.

He said with a weakened voice, "DJ? Poppy? What are you all doing here?"

Poppy said, "We came by to visit, but then Beat Drop seemed worried, so we-"

Trollex started coughing.

Queen Essence noticed a strange mark on one of his fins.

When she examined it and showed the others, DJ knew what it was.

She said to her husband, "You got bit, didn't you?"

Branch asked, "What do you mean 'bit'?"

DJ explained how she and Trollex were attacked by a sea snake.

Everyone exchanged worried glances and knew Trollex needed a doctor.

***

One of Techno Reef's doctors, Dr. Darya, took a look at the bitten fin very carefully.

Meanwhile, DJ just kept pacing back and forth.

Trollex said, "DJ, would you please stop pacing?"

King Quincy asked, "How serious is it, doc?"

Darya explained, "Well, seeing how deep the bite is and knowing the kind of snake DJ described, I'd say it's plenty serious. However, I remember there's a cure for this. Just let me see my notes."

When she went through her notes, she found it and said, "Ok. There is a cure, but we only have three days to give it to Trollex before..."

Everyone knew what she meant, so Barb said, "Well, what's the cure?"

Darya looked for it, "Here it is, and it's-*Gasp*"

DJ asked, "What? What? What is it?"

Darya said, "The only known cure is the petals of a Manta Magnolia. But, um..."

Trollex said, "There aren't anymore Manta Magnolias. A long time ago, there was an outbreak of sea snakes and the flowers were picked to extinction."

DJ said, "We don't know if they're gone for good. We have to find one."

Branch then said, "But, we don't even know where to start looking. It's like they were wiped from history."

Trollex got up and said, "Come on. How many times do I have to say it? I'm-"

Trollex fainted, but was caught by Branch, "Trollex!"

"I'm fine."

He coughed again with everyone watching with deep worry.