Chapter 10

Ava's POV

Three weeks.

It has been three weeks since I last saw him. After I found out that he was the alpha of the North pack, I haven't seen him since.

I wasn't complaining though, my wolf was. She has been a hot mess for the past three weeks. Sometimes she wouldn't talk to me for days, other times she would just sit in a corner and cry. It was depressing to see her like this and I needed something to help get her back in her good spirits.

I knew that if she was close enough to him, she would feel a little better. So that was what we were going to do today. I was going on a wolf hunt for my mate to appease my wolf. I would do anything for her, and if that meant facing someone who wanted nothing to do with us, then so be it. She was worth it.

For the past three weeks I have been getting used to people referring to me as their Luna. It was weird at first and it still was, but I had somewhat gotten use to the fact that I was indeed their Luna even though their alpha was a complete douchebag.

I have been training with Elder Victoria, and so far I have been able to control my powers. I now knew how to control it so that when I was healing someone I didn't get myself killed in the process.

Taking a deep breath, I got changed into a dress that Katie had helped me to pick out. Even though Jayden has been keeping his distance he always made sure that I had everything I needed.

He was so sweet... Not.

It was a simple dress that ended at the top of my knees that I paired with sneakers. It wasn't too tight, but it did show off the little curves that I had. And I wasn't wearing this dress for him; I was wearing this dress because I never had the opportunity to wear clothes like this in my old pack.

Shaking my head to get rid of all the depressing thoughts trying to break free, I focused back on my reflection in the mirror. I gave myself a small pep talk and patted my shoulders as a way to assure myself that everything would be fine.

I stood there in front of the mirror for a few minutes practicing what I would say when I saw him. So far, I had nothing. Like what does one even say to their mate?

'Oh hey, my wolf is lonely so you have to spend time with her.'

'Oh my god like babe, we have to spend the day together', I said out loud in an over exaggerated girly voice while twirling my hair.

This was hopeless.

'Grow some balls and go to our mate!', my wolf snapped irritated.

It was easy for her to say. She wasn't the one who was going to face him and make a complete fool of herself. If a guy doesn't want me, I shouldn't go chasing after him I should be moving on.

Moving on?

I cackled to myself after realizing what I was thinking. Like I could just easily move on from my mate, the person that I was destined to spend all eternity with.

"What are you doing?" Katie asked trying to hold in her laughter. I must have looked weird standing in front of the mirror talking to myself.

"It's a good thing you're here. Do you know where I can find the alpha?" I asked with a blush coating my cheeks.

"You mean your mate" she wiggled her eyebrows and grinned.

"Uh yeah"

"Normally he would be in here sometimes since this is his room. He hasn't even been to the pack house in weeks..." she trailed off with a thoughtful expression.