26-U-nyielding

We immediately rushed back into the paradise hideout, Norman was explaining all about how Peter Ratri, the current head of the Ratri clan, was probably the one leading the ambush along with the two thousand imperial armies Emma and Ray encountered earlier. 

"Emma, Ray, _________!" Gilda's voice rang through the air. 

There they were, Gilda, Don and Ayshe all in one piece. 

"Oh thank goodness you guys!" I said as all of us went into a big bear hug. 

After being in the dark about their well-being, it's certainly a relief to see them alive and well. However, I noticed after a while that Norman decided to stay behind and stood by all alone, segregating himself from us. 

 "Norman! You had us worried!" Don acknowledged Norman. 

I could see the hesitation written on his face, unsure of how he should react to that. Don and Gilda immediately rushed to him after letting go off the hug. 

"Welcome back!" Gilda told him gently. 

"Thank you." Norman answered with a trembling voice and he pulled the two of them in a hug. 

I felt a smile crept into my face at the heart-warming scene. After they broke off the hug, Norman then took a few steps to Ayshe, who was standing next to me. Ayshe had a hard glare apparent on her face, staring at Norman right in front of him. Norman then spoke up using a foreign language, none of us could possibly understand. This evoked a startled response from Ayshe, well, all of us, to be honest. None of us expected Norman to be able to use a demon language. At least, that's what I thought after hearing Mujika and Sonju, as well as infiltrating demon towns back then. This boy is certainly an amazing person. 

"Boss!" Another familiar voice stopped our track back to the base.

"Vincent, everyone!" Norman stared at the group emerging from behind the tree. 

Wait, then that means Cislo and Barbara are still there as well! 

"Cislo, Barbara, your wounds." I gasped at the sight of the two of them in an even worse condition. 

"You can't stay here this long, you have to get them treated as soon as possible." I quickly crouched down to examine their condition. 

This is bad, their bleeding didn't stop, and being exposed to the open air like this could lead to a severe infection. 

"Why are you all still here? I told you to return!" Norman reprimanded the whole group at their reckless action. 

"Apologies boss," Cislo said as he winced in pain, "but we were worried about you." Barbara smiled. 

"Don't move too much." I furrowed my brows at her decision earning an apologetic smile from her. 

"Wh-What if I had died, at least you could've waited in a more safer area." Norman was anxious at their brashness. 

"You said you'd be right behind us. So we waited." Vincent calmly explained, to which Norman was rendered speechless at. 

"The queen?" Vincent asked, trying to understand the situation as to why our escape was delayed. 

"Yeah she's dead." Norman smiled reassuring them. 

Cislo and Barbara also seemed to relax at his statement. Even Cislo was chuckling a little in relief. 

"Hey, I said stop moving too much." I sighed and smiled at the two wounded friends of Norman.

"There you are, Emma, Ray!" Out of nowhere, Oliver appeared on his horse along with his group, Gillian, Zack and Nigel. 

"Oliver? What happened?" Emma quickly tends to the exhausted boy.