𝟾. "ɪᴛ's ɴᴏᴛ ᴍʏ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ, ɪᴡᴀ-ᴄʜᴀɴ."

"Shittykawa."

"Hm?"

"Are you mad at me?"

Oikawa paused, a handful of popcorn halfway towards his mouth. He was lying down on the couch, his head rested on Iwaizumi's lap. A movie was playing on the flat screen TV that neither of the two were really paying attention to.

"Why would you say that?" He asked, chomping on the popcorn.

He heard a grumble from the spiky-haired boy.

"Because, Shittykawa," started Iwaizumi, "you promised to meet me today, but you never showed up. Plus you wouldn't answer my texts. And you told Mattsun and Makki that you didn't want to see me. So are you mad at me or not?"

Oikawa chewed the kernels a little longer than necessary to avoid answering. He couldn't lie, or else Iwaizumi would know. That means he could either give a very vague answer, or tell his soulmate the truth.

He swallowed dryly and cursed the universe for not allowing him to lie.

"I'm not mad at you," he said, carefully. "I was being petty earlier. That's all."

Iwaizumi scoffed. "Petty? About what?"

He reached for another handful of popcorn to avoid answering. Iwaizumi smacked his hand away.

"Aren't you sick? Popcorn can't be that good for you," scolded the latter. "Also, why are you laying on me? There's pillows everywhere." Iwaizumi gestured to the stray cushions laying around and then pushed the brunette off of him and onto the floor.

Oikawa pouted, rubbing his bottom. "Hey, I'm still sick. You didn't have to push me," he whined.

Iwaizumi rolled his eyes. "You never answered my question, Shittykawa."

He snatched the bowl of popcorn off the couch and started snacking again. Through his chewing, he said, "What question?"

The spiky-haired boy reached into the bowl and threw a handful of popcorn at him.

"Hey! What was that for?"

A sly grin appeared on Iwaizumi's face. "Answer my question, Shittykawa."

"And what if I don't?" He teased.

Iwaizumi shrugged. "Then I guess I'll leave." The boy stood and began walking towards the front door.

Oikawa hurriedly stood and chased after his soulmate, the bowl of popcorn tucked into his arm. He ran straight into Iwaizumi's muscular back when the latter suddenly stopped.

The bowl of popcorn flew out of his arms and splayed across the wooden floor. Oikawa rubbed his nose where it had smacked into the spiky-haired boy.

Iwaizumi turned around, eyebrows raised. "Look what you did, Shittykawa. It's all over the floor now."

The brunette puffed at his bangs and crouched down to pick up the pieces. "It's not my fault, Iwa-chan," he grumbled.

"That's why you don't-"

Iwaizumi suddenly stopped talking, cutting off his own words. Oikawa looked up in surprise.

"What's wrong, Iwa-chan?" He asked.

A look of shock was all over Iwaizumi's face, as if he had discovered something. Oikawa stood and waved a hand in front of the spiky-haired boy's frozen face.

"Hello? Earth to Iwa-chan! You alright?"

Iwaizumi blinked. "Huh?"

"I asked if you were alright," he said, frowning. "What's wrong?"

The spiky-haired boy scratched his head. "Sorry, I guess I just zoned out." He quickly bent down and started picking up fallen pieces of popcorn. "We should get this cleaned up."

Oikawa's frown deepened as he watched Iwaizumi.

As the brunette laid in his bed, he couldn't help but wonder what happened with Iwaizumi earlier.

Like the latter had declared before, Iwaizumi was staying over for the night. The boy was currently lying down on the futon that Oikawa had in his room.

He couldn't sleep. How could he? His soulmate was staying with him for the night and in the same room!

But Oikawa didn't know how he felt about Iwaizumi yet. Sure, they were soulmates. Made for each; destined lovers from their birth. But he didn't know much about the spiky-haired boy. He only approached Iwaizumi on the first day because of a bet he made. Little did he know he would find his soulmate.

And yet, the situation was complicated. He didn't know how Iwaizumi felt about him, either. Hopefully he didn't hate Oikawa, but the spiky-haired boy definitely would if he found out more about him.

His fists clenched as he thought about it. If Iwaizumi hated him, his soulmate, then Oikawa would have no one left. No one to love him.

He didn't want that.

"Hey, Iwa-chan."

"What, Shittykawa? I'm trying to sleep," grumbled the spiky-haired boy.

"Sorry," mumbled the brunette. "I'll let you sleep."

He then heard a groan from Iwaizumi. "Just speak, Shittykawa. Tell me what's up."

His lips turned slightly upwards. He turned his body so he was facing the futon. Iwaizumi was already watching him with an unreadable expression.

"Hi, Iwa-chan," he giggled.

Iwaizumi rolled his eyes. "Got something to say, Crappykawa?"

He smiled and pulled a blanket closer to his face. "I'm glad we met," he said quietly.

The spiky-haired boy softened. "Me too," said Iwaizumi.

I originally started writing this without the ending in mind (something I never do) and I'm proud to say that I might just have it figured out. Prepare for angst and make it double 😌 (maybe)