Chapter 18 - Cat

Cat Adams. She was someone from a past case Reid worked on. Why was she working with Lindsey Vaughn? Nobody was sure.

Adams was locked up in a women's correctional facility. She was in the solitary section of the facility, about to get release to general population. You and JJ went over to the facility to talk to her. As soon as she saw you, a smirk appeared across her face.

"I'm not speaking until she leaves," Adams smirked, staring straight at you. "Oh, and I want to talk to Spencie. I'll only talk to him."

You left the room, annoyed. JJ followed you and called Reid. She told him that Adams would only cooperate if he was there.

"He's on his way," JJ hung up the phone. "I think you should leave though."

"Right," You sighed.

"I'm not going to let anything happen to him. You know that," JJ place her hand on your shoulder.

You nodded.

"Thank you," You gave her a quick smile before walking out of the facility.

You got back to the BAU and went to Garcia's lair. She was going through the phone some more and clipping the security footage from the gas station.

"Your back already?" She looked confused when she saw you.

"Cat wouldn't talk until I left," You sat in one of the chairs in her room.

"I'm sure JJ can handle this. If not, she can get Emily up there," She tried reassuring you and herself at the same time.

"Spence is going up there," You looked at her.

"What! Why?" She suddenly looked worried.

"I had to leave and Spence had to go up there. That was her terms," You saw how worried Garcia looked.

You helped Garcia with whatever she needed. She mainly did everything herself but liked a little help here and there. A few hours went by and Garcia was getting visibly frustrated. People would come in and ask if there were any new breakthroughs and you could see how close she was to snapping.

"Y/L/N, we have to go. Reid got a location from Cat," Prentiss barged in.

You ran out of the room and put on your vest. You joined everyone else in the elevator and headed out to the vans. Alvez did not lift his foot from the gas. He was determined to get to the location.

It was a one story house. It didn't seem to be run down or anything of that sort. You hopped out of the van with Alvez following close behind you.

"FBI!" You shouted before busting in the door.

The house was quiet except for the occasional "clear" from the other agents.

"In here!" You heard Prentiss shout.

You followed her voice until you were in one of the guest bedrooms. There in a chair, facing the window sat Lindsey Vaughn.

"Hands in the air!" Alvez shouted.

She put one of her hands up and stood up. Her other arm was in a sling. She turned to face you and the rest of the team.

"I'm sorry," Lindsey said before firing a gun she had hidden in the sling.

Your ears rung as you fell on the ground. You could barely keep your eyes open. The room was blurry and beginning to spin.

"Y/N! Look at me," Prentiss lifted your head. "Stay with-"

That was the last thing you heard before falling unconscious.

~~~

What woke you up was the feeling of someone squeezing your hand. You opened your eyes but squinted at how bright the room was.

"Spence?" You looked up at your boyfriend who appeared to have been crying.

"I-I thought I lost you," He brought his face down to your hand and held it.

"I'm right here," You intertwined your fingers with his.

"Cat planned to have you killed in some crazy scheme. She thought that's what I wanted. She wanted to be with me," He sobbed. "This is all my fault."

"Spence, none of this is your fault," You reassured him. "She's crazy."

You moved over in the hospital bed so there was enough room for him to lay down next to you. He wrapped his arms around you and just held you tight. You were sore from being shot but you tried to ignore it. You wanted to live in that moment.

"I think we both need a break for a bit," You laughed, making him smile.

"I love you," He kisses your forehead.

"I love you too, Spence."