CHAPTER 14

Jaemin did bring her to the Neo House after wrapping her wound with his own shirt, leaving him topless, and Aeri swore that her face was tomato red as her throat dried up at the sight of him driving with no shirt on, not to mention his well-defined abs and muscular arms.

"Jaemin, why Aeri!" Yuta exclaimed as the boy strode to the house with Aeri on his back.

"Call Taeyong-hyung," he instructed, and quickly walked to the medical room.

"AERI!? AERI WHERE SHIT!" Taeyong ran to her side, eyes shaking as he looked at Taeil applying liquids to the cut. "The fuck, it's too long!"

"Yong, ugh, I'm trying to chill here," Aeri groaned and yelled right after she felt a strike of pain.

"So far, it will be endurable because the cut isn't that deep, so it's not required to sew it up," Taeil said, and the girl sighed in relief. "But it will leave a scar."

"I can see it coming."

Taeyong frowned and sat on a chair. "Any injuries?"

"Nope, just this cut."

"Just one, but it's so bad." he deeply sighed and raked his fingers into her hair.

Aeri grabbed something from her front pocket and showed it: "I got this off of his neck."

Taeyong held the necklace with a bulked diamond pendant. "Is this something relevant?"

"I don't know, it looks fancy to me, so I snatched it."

"I never raised you to be a thief."

"Yeah, yeah, why don't you check it out? I saw him holding on to it so dearly when we fought; that's why, when I got the chance to slash him out, I then pulled it out."

Taeyong then nodded and proudly smiled at his sister. "You even noticed those little things, huh?"

"You taught me that in a gang, even the little things matter."

Jaemin dragged his feet in the grassy backyard, looking up at the bright sky at 11 p.m. He should be sleeping by now since they have a training schedule early in the morning, but his insomnia once again hit him.

Walking further, he saw a girl dressed in white sitting on a bench while looking up. He admits that it made him leap in shock, assuming that it's a ghost, but her distinguishable features cut him out.

"You should be sleeping."

"Oh shit, mother.. father," she muttered in full shock, hands on her racing chest.

Jaemin chuckled and settled beside her. "How's your cut?"

"Fine, we're friends," Aeri sarcastically answered and looked at him. "Did they tease you so much about you walking in shirtless?"

"Hell yeah, if they didn't know that you got wounded, then they'd think that something happened to us."

"At least if they'll ship me, they'll pair me up with someone nice."

Jaemin scoffed and turned to her. "Mafias aren't nice."

"At least Taeyong is."

Jaemin shut his mouth and turned to the sky instead.

The defeaning silence hit them for a few minutes until Aeri decided to stand up and say, "I'm going to sleep."

The boy just hummed in response, and she frowned, walking away.

"Yeah, they should've paired me up with someone who cares," she grumbled under her breath.

Jaemin took a long, deep sigh, and his lips pulled a small smile. "How are you doing? Are you doing better up there?"

He shut his eyes for a moment and looked down.

"Because I'm not."