CHAPTER 18

A doorbell interrupted her 'netflix and chill' in the living room, making her groan, but she then realized that there's no one she's expecting with.

The bell rang again.

Aeri reached for her dagger and steadied her grip. She peeked at the door hole and grinned, seeing who it was—and she decided to play.

The person was about to ring again, but the door flung open, and his eyes caught the shiny metal flinging, swiftly dodging it.

His breath hitched, and he heard a bursting laugh not long after.

The guy groaned and pushed her aside, striding inside.

"B-bro w-wait HAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

Aeri held the closed door for balance, clutching her stomach.

"You dangerous woman," Taeyong hissed while slumping on the sofa.

Aeri managed to calm down a bit and dragged her feet to where he was. She placed the dagger on the coffee table and slumped beside him.

Taeyong looked down on her with a glare, making her bite the sides of her mouth and controlling her laughs.

The older man sighed and ruffled her hair. "Do you need several guns and knives?" he casually asked.

"Am I permitted to have it too?"

He shrugged and darted his eyes at the show. "At some point, I don't want to."

"Because I might use it for fun?"

Taeyong flicked her forehead, making her wince. "You shouldn't fling your knife irresponsibly. What if I haven't dodged, huh? I might really die in your hands."

The girl chuckled and wiggled closer to her brother, her head snuggling to his chest, her arm sprawled on his waist, and her legs folded on his side.

His fingers raked on her hair as she leaned to his warm touches.

"You know, I haven't dated for awhile."

Taeyong chuckled, "I pray for whoever will dare to take you romantically."

Aeri scoffed, "What do you mean? I'm such a girlfriend material!"

"Yeah, you're a trouble material."

"And you're a single material."

Taeyong smacked her head, causing her to yell in pain.

He pulled her back and cuddled, hand-massaging the sore part of her head, which he personally hit.

A beaming sunlight shone freely on her opened windows, birds chirping, and the sound of leaves gushing on the stems made her wake up.

Aeri tossed and rolled over to the other side in an attempt to bump her brother, but she just fell.

"What the—oh, he's gone." she muttered and stood up, scratching her head.

Just then, a note on her bedside table caught her attention. Picking it up, she read,

"My dearest annoying sister, it's 4 a.m. and I'm going back because I'm tired of seeing your face all night. Spend your time productively today and get ready for your afternoon classes.

PS: I left my other gun in the drawer of your vanity. Use it well.

Love, Taeyong"

Aeri's face lit up, and she pulled the drawer open, seeing the gun.

"Time to make myself productive!" she beamed.