That Butler, Confident

"Awww, brother!" Finni said, staring at the bleeding Jumbo, who had slumped down from his initial point of impact with the stone wall behind him. "Just look at all the blood that's been spilled!" He started to move closer to where he had ended up throwing the intruder. "Hooow awful. I hate pain, you know." He wish he didn't have to hurt the man. If only he'd left. Jumbo twitched.

"Brother, sister, please run away!!" Jumbo yelled suddenly at the top of his lungs. "Something is amiss at this manor!"

"!?" Peter gasped when he heard the warning cry from the tree they were in.

"Jumbo!?" Wendy said, alarmed. "Peter!"

"C'mon, then!!" Peter told her, wasting no time in going to their friend's aid. He and Wendy jumped and flew from tree to tree as they made their way around the manor to Jumbo. "!!" he gasped, shocked by the scene before them. Jumbo, that Jumbo... had been knocked clean through a solid stone wall. They could tell from the blood splatter and how still the little they could see of him through the hole in the wall was that he had been killed. "I don't believe this..." Peter said as he and Wendy stared at his body, horrified. " 'Ow could Jumbo of all people..."

"Pleeeeease don't raise your voices at this hour," Finni requested of the unnaturally still Jumbo. "You'll wake Lady Elizabeth."

WHIZ.

"!!" Finni was startled when something hit his hat and zoomed past his neck. It looked like a wire. "Ah!" he gasped when it retracted and took his hat with it. Finni followed the hat with his eyes and saw that the culprits appeared to be a boy ad a girl in colorful costumes.

"Bastard, 'ow dare you!" Peter yelled, firing one of his wires again at a tall topiary. He dashed forward from his spot in the tree and swung himself at Finni. " 'Ow dare you kill Jumbo!!" he roared, firing two more wires from his other hand directly at Finni.

"Wah!" Finni cried as he dodged. "What are you doing?" he demanded as Peter landed on top of the topiary tree. "Kah!" He punched the topiary right out from under him.

"Wot—!?" Peter cried in alarm, only just managing to jump away in time as the whole thing came crashing down.

"I sooo liked that hat too..." Finni said, glancing at his target out the corner of his eye. "Why, now I can't keep this hidden anymore." The serial number tattooed onto the back of his neck showed clearly in the moonlight.

WHIZ.

Wendy swung herself down to perch on top of a tall garden sculpture. She fired two more wires at Finni, but he dodged them, too.

"And after Young Master made a present of it to me!" Finni said, grabbing another topiary and ripping it up by the trunk. "The young master... doesn't give me injections every single day like those other people did."

"!?" Wendy gasped when he hurled the topiary tree straight at her with alarming speed and strength.

WHACK!

Peter only just barely managed to pull her out of the way in time. He used his wire to swing them up onto the landing in front of the door at the top of the outdoor stairs, hoping higher ground would help them.

"Young Master doesn't make my friends and I kill each other," Finni stated with determination as he ran after them and delivered a powerful punch to the wall beneath them. "Nor does he keep me locked up."

WHAM!

"I love this place," Finni said, smiling through the dust from the rubble. "And that's why... I made up my mind. I'm going to protect this place."