chapter 39

hukumyar returned home after buying gifts for everyone. mahrosh was very excited about going to balochistan. she had already done her whole packing, hukumyar had said that they would be there for a week .

hukumyar was also happy about going to balochistan, he just hoped that his aunt would be less bitter with mahrosh. he wanted her to enjoy there. 

they left for quetta early in the morning , a car came to pick them up from the airport. smile wasnt leaving mahrosh's face. she was loving the weather, the surroundings covered in a thin layer of snow. 

hukumyar was also smiling seeing her so happy. everyone was at home , when they reached home. hadi was also back home due to vacations. hukumyar and mahrosh greeted everyone and then settled down in the living room. 

gulpari was looking at mahrosh with interest , she had instantly liked the cute girl , which was in hukumyar's nikkah. 

refreshments were served, hukumyar gave everyone their gifts. " dont you think , these are the duties of the lady of the house ?" gul beghum said not even waiting a day before showing her bitterness. gulpari was also astounished hearing her tone. she had noticed that gul beghum was strict about traditions , but this type of bitterness wasnt there before. 

" mahrosh go and freshen up " hukumyar said seeing her getting nervous, it hadnt taken much for the smile to slip from her face. 

mahrosh quickly got up and went towards their bedroom. the servant had already placed their bags in the bedroom .

she freshened up and changed into a new dress.

" aunty we are here only for a week .......... " hukumyar said to gul beghum ," so please control your bitterness " the unsaid words were clearly felt in the silence by everyone. gul beghum looked away " when have i stopped you from staying , stay longer " she muttered. 

hadi shook his head and started talking to hukumyar. asking him about the hospital. hukumyar's attention also diverted from the slight clash. 

ladies got up to handle the house duties. shehnaaz beghum and gulbeghum still needed to make preparations for the arriving guests and gulpari needed to make preparations for the lunch. 

hartaj followed her to the corridor excusing himself " keep bhabi with you , okay ?" hartaj said, knowing that his ada with keep worrying about her.gulpari nodded still confused. she wanted to ask questions but decided to stay quiet for the time being.

hukumyar hartaj and hadi went to the men area of the house, where usually their friends and male relatives sat when they came.

gulpari went to hukumyar's room .mahrosh was sitting on the bed all dressed up. 

" you are looking beautiful " gulpari said with a smile. 

" thankyou " mahrosh said with a smile. 

" what should i call you ?" gulpari asked sitting near her. 

" mahrosh!"she said quickly.gulpari smiled " okay then you will also call me by name " she said. 

" lets go downstairs " she said and mahrosh nodded. gulpari kept mahrosh with her till lunch. she was making small talks to her. 

everyone had lunch together, the day was spent in preparations and usual works.

mahrosh was standing by the window, when hukumyar entered the room . he moved near her ," what did you do whole day ?" hukumyar asked taking her hands in his . they were cold as she had kept them placed against the glass window. 

" gulpari is very nice. " mahrosh informed him with a smile.he was warming her hands by rubbing them softly .

" good .. " hukumyar said with a smile as she told him about what she did in detail. 

--------

gulpari was laying on the bed ,when hartaj came to the room. he got ready for the bed.

" why was gul aunty behaving so weirdly with mahrosh ?" gulpari asked as she laid down beside her. 

"she has some unreasonable issues with bhabi ." hartaj said not elaborating. " you try to make sure that she doesnt get the chance to rude to bhabi till they are here." hartaj said and gulpari nodded. 

" how was your day ?" hartaj asked pulling her in his arms.

" it was- it was...." she wasnt able to speak due to his continuous pecks and his tight grip on her waist.

" bolne to den! ( lemme speak )" she said fidgeting in his arms .

" hmm ?" hartaj mumbled still not moving back ......

----------------

Salaam readers! another update