| Twenty Three|

[A/N: The Italic with Underlined Sentences Will be In Flashback]

_________________

They were strange in Love,

Him and Her,

Too Wild To Last,

Too Rare To Break Apart!

__________________

Infinity:

Manik's Cabin:

Four days later: 11pm:)

Manik was standing near the large Window pane looking at the City. The road which was full of hustle bustle even at this hour of night.

He was staring at the Busy City but it was clear that His Mind was lost somewhere else. His thoughts process comes in halt when his phone Buzzed which was kept on his desk.. He turned and looked at his phone untill It stopped buzzing and again he Looked back to get lost in the view of City. And soon after a minute or two his phone again start ringing and sighing he finally moved towards the table and picked up his phone to saw His Best Friend, his Soul Brother Cabir Calling.

Look at the Irony, the guy whom he calls as His best friend cum Soul Brother, once there was a time that whenever he needed Peace or Whenever he needed some soothing words he used to run to him, today He Is Avoiding talking with the same person. He came out of trance when Again his phone buzzed and running a hand through his hairs once he picked up the call.

On Call:

Manik: Hello..

Cabir: Manik where are you?? It's 11 yaar..

Manik:(emotionless voice) Cabir, am in my office. Work h..

Cabir: Manik Sara kaam aaj hi karna h kya???  Kal kar Lena, here everyone is waiting for you ..

Manik: Cabir kaha na kaam h. You guys Sleep please.. Talk you later. Bye.

And he was about to hung up when Cabir's next sentence Halted his movements..

Cabir: Manik tu bhul Raha h Nandini se kia hua promise.. (When Cabir Realised that Manik heard him he continued) Yaad h Naa, what You promised Nandini???

Manik closed his eyes hearing him..

Nandini: Mani Will You Give me One More Promise please???

Manik:(teary eyes while cupping her face) Jaan toh Maang li h, or kya chaiye??

Nandini:(smiling with tears) Bas Ek Or Promise, Promise Kijiye that You will be My Same Mani. You won't change ..   You Won't Avoid Anyone. Promise???

Manik:(chuckling painfully) Tum Toh Dil lekar Bina Dil ke jeene ke lie Bol Rahi ho..

Nandini:(crying) Mani please Promise me. Mere lie. Humare Pyaar ke lie....

Manik looked at Her with only pain in his eyes. Both were crying. Manik Cupped her face And touched his forehead with her's and their tears Too  got mixed.

Nandini:(helpless tone) Please Mani, apni Nandini ke lie Promise me??

Manik: I Do.. I Do...

And he embraced her in his arms crying For Each other ..

He came out of his thought land Hearing Cabir's voice from the other side.

Manik: H....haa

Cabir: Tu aa Raha h Manik??? Otherwise tu dekhna, I'll complain to Nandu....

Manik:(rolling his eyes) Am Coming...

Cabir: Haa Jaldi aaa.. We are waiting...

Manik: Hmm.

And he hung up the call and picked up his wallet and Wrapped up his files and Looked at His Love's picture frame placed there and spoke picking it up...

Manik: Kya kya karwaogi Tum or tumhare ye Promises??? Just one more day Jana, Just one More Day.. And I'll Live this one day too, ONLY For YOU.

With this he moved out of the premises of the Building...

While Changing the gear his Hand unknowingly pressed the Button of Music player and On the instant The song played which Took him to His and Her Memory lane...

Tere jaane ka gham,
Aur Naa aane ka gham,
Phir zamaane ka gham,
Kya karein???

Manik was driving the car and Nandini was sitting beside him on the passenger seat. They both were tired after the hectic day in the office. Nandini's head was on the side window when The song Played in Music player and Nandini on an instant jumped and sat straight.

Manik:(frowned) What Happen Love??

Nandini: Mani this song... It's sooo Beautiful Naa..

Manik:(making a face) Sad Song? And Beautiful??? (Raising eyebrows) Kabse Madam???

Nandini(lip tight smile) Jabse M Paida hui ..

Manik: Whatever, but I don't like Sad and Emotional songs...

And he switched off the Music player making her pout and she spoke..

Nandini: Kya h??? You will see jab m Kahi Chali jaungi naaaaa, tab AAP hi gaoge.. "Tum  Hi Aana"

Manik:(shouted) NANDINI... Get that thing in your mind, YOU ARE NOT LEAVING ME EVER.....

Nandini:(rubbing his biceps) Relax mere Jigar ke Tukde Where am I going hmmm??? Aise thodi na Jaungi Kahi...

Manik: Nandini Promise???

Nandini: Manik's Nandini Promise...

Raah dekhe Nazar,
Raat bhar jaag kar,
Par teri toh khabar,
Na mile,

Manik:(to himself) Mujhe toh itne promises me baandh Dia, what about your Promises??? You are big Liar Miss Murthy.. But Not Anymore... This time I'll not let You Move an Inch From Me. Just One Day More...

Bahut aayi gayi yaadein,
Magar iss Baar,
Tum Hi Aana.

Irrade phir se jaane ke,
Nahi lana,
Tum Hi Aana.

Manik: Tum Hi Aana...

________

To Be Continued