☆ F L A S H B A C K☆

<!> FLASHBACK CHAPTER! IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE FOLLOWING CHAPTERS LEADING UP TO THIS ONE, GO BACK AND READ THEM! <!>

---
(Shuichi's Flashback)

I stood at the palace doors, a bundle of nervousness. The doors opened for me, and I gave them my permission ID. They lead me inside, and we walked to the prince's room.

I was selected to be a sitter for the prince while the royal family went overseas. Easy enough job, right? That's exactly what I thought.

I expected the guards to open the door for me, and introduce me to the prince, but instead they just stood there. I gave them a curious look, and then saw looks of fear on their faces. They grabbed me and threw me inside of the prince's room. I landed with a groan and a thump.

They shut the door and ran away, yelling in fear. I heard the running footsteps retreat down the hall we came.

I scratched my head and reopened my eyes, but I was immediately met with one purple and one gold eye, staring directly back at my eyes. I gave him a scared look, but he just smiled.

"You must be my sitter, riiighttt?" The boy spoke to me. I looked to the side and squirmed from underneath him.

"I'm the sitter for the prince...? Is that you?" I questioned him.

"Nope! I'm actually an assassin who just killed the prince!" My eyes widened and I scooted away from him.

"Goosh... this'll be fun! Oh by the way, that was a lie... since y'know... I'm a liar." He smiled at me and I gulped in response, relaxing a little.

"Kokichi Oma, third prince! Nice to meet you, Mister Sitter!" He spoke to me again, and I forced a smile at him and stood up, dusting myself off.

"Shuichi Saihara... nice to meet you, my prince." I bowed, in respect and kissed his knuckles, before releasing his hand. 

I looked up at Kokichi and could've sworn I saw his face turn red, but he spun back around before I could say anything... Strange boy.

---

Even though their first encounter went... oddly, they eventually became close friends, and found out they were near the same age. They hung out for years, every day when Shuichi came over to watch Kokichi for his parents, until Shuichi finally retired...