Chapter 9: Prayers and Sweet Dreams

Don't act like it's a bad thing to fall in love with me,

Cause you might look around and find your dreams come true with me...

-Not a Bad Thing by Justin Timberlake on the right--->

You've seen some of the pranks, but where are the kisses? :)

***

"And lastly, do not ever mention the word Ebola to my parents, okay?" I told Hunter as soon as I stepped out of his car. My parents turned completely mental whenever someone mentions that word. They would go on and on about sanitation and prevention and I really didn't want to go on that route of conversation tonight.

Since I did not want this meeting to be a complete disaster, I decided to prep Hunter on the dos and don'ts inside the Davies household.

My parents weren't exactly the strict and conservative type. As a matter of fact, they were pretty cool. However, like every other parents, they also had their fair share of weirdness, especially my dad.

Dad was a neurologist and unfortunately, he was also a jokester. That personality of his didn't really suit his profession well. His sick sense of humor often caused him trouble in his job. Like that one time he got suspended from the town's hospital because he made a joke about his patient's illness. The joke went somewhere along these lines:

Dad: I know a really funny joke.

Patient: What is it?

Dad: Your life. You have brain cancer.

Patient: Oh my God! Please tell me you're joking.

Dad: Just kidding! It's Parkinson's disease.

I almost facepalmed myself when he told me about it.

Dad insisted that he just said that to lighten the mood a bit. I advised him never to crack jokes again in public.

My mom was more of the subdued version of my dad. She was the head nurse at Diamond Crest Children's Hospital and maybe her profession was the reason why she could be overly doting at times. She really believed I was the best person in the entire world and nothing could make her believe otherwise, not even my lack of social skills and pathological inability to interact normally with other people.

"Relax, buddy. Leave it to my capable hands." I heard Hunter said. I didn't realize he was already beside me and we already reached the front door.

"The last time I left something to your hands, somebody's car got caged." I reminded him.

He shrugged.

"She deserved it." He mumbled under his breath.

My mouth opened as did the door behind us. Stomach dropping, I turned to see Mom standing there in all her hello-kitty scrub suit glory. She and dad were on night shift this week so they would have to be at the hospital after dinner.

Her eyes went from me to Hunter, completely misinterpreting everything. From the look on her face, I knew she was already picturing me and Hunter in our wedding suit and dress. The glee in her eyes made me want to hide Hunter in a place where she wouldn't see him, most preferably in Antarctica.

"I didn't know you'll bring someone tonight." Mom said, eyeing Hunter with obvious approval.

"Good evening, Ma'am. I'm Sky's friend, Hunter Cole. You must be Sky's older sister." Hunter greeted politely. He hadthis insanely beautiful smile on his face that no woman could possibly resist.