F O U R T Y S E V E N

Nora and Ben walked back to the track after a warming up. Ben taped the weak muscles for support with kinesiology tape.

"When it is starting to hurt, or when you feel pressure on your muscles or anything," Ben started, and they joined the group of people. "You stop. Don't push yourself on continuing. Pressure means stop."

"Yes," Nora said and sat down on the ground. "I know." She gave him a smile.

Lando, Alex and George looked at Nora, who was putting on her shoes. They all looked at Ben, all with a judging look on their face. George had told Alex and Lando about the frustrations he had with Ben. They kind of started to dislike Ben as well.

"The colour of your shoes really fit your suit," Jon, the trainer of Lando, complimented.

Nora looked at him and smiled. "Thanks." She was wearing a simple, white racing suit and matte aqua coloured shoes. The boys were wearing their race gear, but Nora couldn't wear her old suit anymore.

Today was the day Nora and the boys would kart. Over the past few weeks, Nora had a fantastic recovery, better than expected. The positive results made the hospital give an agreement on karting. So the kart day was planned with Alex, Lando and George. Their trainers decided to be there as well, just for fun. So Jon, Patrick and Aleix supported the drivers. Ben was there as well, to keep an eye on Nora and because he was her trainer as well.

"Alrighty, are we ready?" Alex asked. "Nora, are you ready?" He looked at her and smiled widely.

"I will beat your arse," she replied with full confidence and got up. "I hope, don't think I can," she added and laughed. Nora zipped up her suit and put her hair up.

The boys walked towards the karts. "Why even is Ben here? He is a doctor, right?" Lando asked George and looked confused.

"He is her trainer now," George sighed. Eyebrows raised. "The hospital had to cut a lot of jobs, Ben was one of them, and now he is her trainer since Emma is in the States, and he knows her medical status and whatever he knows."

"Hmm-hmm," Alex hummed. "Just like velcro fastener."

Nora followed the boys and studied the track and the karts. Although it was different than F2, or F1, it was questionable. This track was the track where she had a competition for the first time in karting, she could drive this track blindly, it was a track in a trusted environment.

Lando stood next to her, also looking at the same spots as she did. "Are you scared?" His voice was soft.

"No. I have this terrified look on my face because I am having so. Much. Fun." She looked at Lando, who looked scared for Nora. "Well, you know, it's exciting yet terrifying. But I have to get over it one day."

He nodded. "We will be soft on you," he chuckled.

"Don't." She widely smiled. "I will beat you."

"Nah, you won't," he winked.

Everybody made themselves ready. George locked his eyes with Nora. He gave her an are-you-okay? look. She gave him a warm smile and nodded. A smile curved on his lips and he put on the balaclava and his helmet. Nora did the same, this felt more real than the sim last time. She took a seat, and the engine started to roll.

"First session: ten laps!"

Now she sat down, behind the steering wheel, at the track where it all began, she got overly excited. Nora wanted to kart, she wanted to go for it. She was the last in the queue, so she waited for the boys to start. Everyone put their thumb up, as acceptation for the first session and drove away.