Regret

Magnolia:

"Magnolia."

I gazed at him for a moment, as if unsure of what to do with myself. I mean, I was unsure of what to do with myself.

Then, I'm not sure what emotion came over me, but in what felt like a blink of an eye I had dragged him outside.

"What are you doing here?!" I asked. I was practically hysterical. "All you do is play with my emotions! Can't you understand why I left? I didn't want you to follow me! I wanted to have a moment to fucking think!" I screamed the words.

As soon as I had spoken, and I saw the terrified look on Rowen's face, a sob bubbled up inside of me. Before I even knew what I was doing, I was crying like a child. Rain and tears were flowing freely down my face, and I could only imagine what I looked like.

"I just need to think," I said again, this time somewhere between a sob and a whisper instead of a scream.

Only a moment later, two warm, strong arms enveloped me. I kept sobbing, no doubt ruining the obvious bespoke suit he was wearing.

"Shhh," He said, his voice so comforting it sent goosebumps all over me. "Nola, please. Listen to me. Hear me out will you?"

I didn't move back but he pulled himself away. He rested his hands on my shoulders, and stared into no doubt red eyes.

"Please?"

His voice sounded so broken, I couldn't help but nod slowly, almost unconsciously.

"You need to know that what happened with Gemma wasn't what it looked like- Yes, she kissed me. But she literally forced herself on me. And, I promise, I'm not trying to take the blame off myself. I should have shoved her off of me faster, or walked somewhere else instead of just ignoring her. And I think I'm going to regret not pushing her off of me until the day I die."

His words cut me to the bone. All I could do was stare at his green eyes, and the dark eyelashes framing them as the rain continued to pour heavily all around us. Being this close to him could only comfort me. I felt myself relax at his slightest touch.

"But that's not the only thing I regret. I regret not telling you I felt when I should have. I knew what you'd mean to me from the moment I first saw you singing Dolly Parton, dancing on a table like you didn't have a care in the world. I knew it when you told Laurent to fuck off in french. I knew it when you insisted on paying for everyone's ice cream. I knew it when you kicked Caspian in the shins at dinner. I knew it when you climbed into that car a few months ago, and chatted happily with us about music. I knew it when you helped Caspian after he got into a fight, and you commanded everyone's attention as you helped him. I knew it when you and I fell asleep watching Almost Famous together. I Knew it when you made us those insanely amazing pancakes. God, I knew it for sure when you kissed me during truth or dare. And when you stood up there and showed all those boys who were smarter. And yet, I didn't say anything.. Maybe I was scared I'd scare you off, that you'd maybe hear the rumors and think I was joking. But I knew how much you meant to me and I didn't say anything."

Tears started rolling down my cheeks. I'm not sure if I was crying from happiness or sadness, but I sure as hell felt emotions rushing through every inch of my body. Those words... Hell I'd never had a boyfriend who'd even remembered my birthday, let alone show any interest in things like that. I only thought stuff like this happened in movies or books.

And even still, he kept talking.

"I regret not being good enough. I regret making you angry when I let you sleep in my bed and you didn't remember why. But, I sure as hell don't regret beating the shit out of the guy that tried to touch you. I regret taking you to that party when you got super stressed, I regret making you angry. I regret everything with Gemma. But most of all, I regret not being there for you. I should have reminded you every minute of the day how perfect you were. I should have told you how beautiful you look. How your green eyes shine and how your hair looks more beautiful than gold when the light goes through it. How your radiant face looks when you sing. God, how good your voice sounds. How good it feels to kiss you. And, more than anything, how much I love you. How I utterly and completely in love with you, and I won't ever be able to stop loving you. I don't care if you walk away from me right now. I-"

I did the unimaginable, I grabbed his face and pulled it down to my level, kissing him before he could even finish. I could feel a hot blush creeping over my face as heat warmed my cold and wet body. The kiss was passionate, needy, and we pressed ourselves together, searching for a sense of comfort, warm.

I was kissing the most perfect boy imaginable in the rain. And I didn't want to stop.

It felt like how music sounded.

The only thought that pulled me off of him was the thought that I was in my front yard and my siblings or parents could see if they looked out the window.

When we pulled apart, we pressed out foreheads together, reeling from the kiss.

"God, I missed that," Rowen said.

I could help but throw my head back and laugh. Rain fell down on my face, and a sense of comfort overcame me. Did I have any Idea what would happen when we got back to the UK? No.

But right now, we were just two kids in love with each other, happy and silly in the rain. Didn't matter he was the heir of an entire fortune, didn't matter that we were on the cusp of fame, none of it mattered.

I stared into his green eyes, blushing and smiling like an idiot.

"I love you Rowen Ashworth," I confessed.

"I love you too, my Magnolia." His green eyes slid down my form and frowned, "You're shaking."

I shrugged, "it's a little chilly being in just long sleeve shirt and a short dress in the winter rain."

Without a moment of hesitation, he took off his large wool pea coat, and threw it over my shoulders.

As he did so, he leaned over and whispered, "Then let's get you warm."

I liked this chapter alot, seemed romantic to me... Anyway, how are y'all? thanks so much for all the comments and reads- lets keep it up! I'll try and post soon!