Chapter 2

I was up late last night texting Jeremiah. I know I shouldn't have been doing it knowing who he was but I kind of liked him. He saved me from a horrible person. I had one of my brothers T-shirt's on that went past my hips and some pj shorts. My hair was up in a messy bun and went to get the door. I only had about four hours of sleep and was wondering who was at my door. I opened the door to see Jeremiah. He didn't look tired at all.
"What are you doing here?" I asked.
"Thought I could take you out to breakfast" he answered. I nodded. He looked down at what I was wearing and smiled. I opened the door more letting him inside. He came in and closed the door behind him.
"I'm gonna go change" I said. He nodded and looked around. I went upstairs to my room and grabbed some skinny jeans. I put them on and looked for a good enough shirt. I shrugged grabbing a nice black v neck shirt. I put it on. I left my hair in the messy bun. I put in my flip flops and went downstairs. He wasn't in the entry way anymore. I looked around and he was in the living room looking at pictures.
"You're Sara Montgomery? The little sister to Calvin Montgomery?" He asked.
"Yeah I am" I answered. He nodded looking at me.
"Your brother and I don't get along too well" he replied.
"Well its a good think he's at a college in the next state and is t around much then" I responded. He smiled at me. He grabbed my hand and pulled me outside to his SUV. We got in and he started driving.

He took me to Denny's.
"What would you guys like to drink?" The waiter asked not looking up from the note pad.
"I'll have an orange juice" I said.
"Coffee" Jeremiah replied. The waiter nodded and ran off fast.
"Why is everyone so afraid of you?" I asked. He looked up at me.
"Because I'm not someone to mess with or anger" he answered.
"But you seem really nice" I replied. He lightly smiled.
"Yeah for you but not everyone else" he responded. The waiter came back with the drinks. He set creamer down and some sugar. Even though we already had that on the table.
"Are you ready to order?" He asked.
"I'll have a big pancake breakfast with sausage instead of bacon and the potato's. Along with toast" I answered. He nodded writing it all down.
"And for you sir?" He asked Jeremiah.
"I'll have the same but with bacon" he answered looking at me. The waiter nodded and ran back to the kitchen.
"Most girls would just get toast" he said.
"Not most girls. I don't neglect my health to be a stick or to pretend I don't eat much in front of a guy" I replied. H smiled.
"I like that" he responded.
"Good because you are gonna have to get use to it if you stick around" I said.
"What do you mean if?" He asked. I shrugged.
"I mean I am a nice person and friendly to everyone but you're in college. Maybe you'll get tired of hanging out with a high schooler" I answered shrugging.
"Not gonna happen. I like you. I asked you out to eat. So I believe this is a date sweetheart" he replied smirking. I looked up.
"Then this would actually be my first date" I responded. He looked shocked.
"You're kidding right?" He asked. I shook my head.
"But you're hot. Sweet and nice to everyone. I don't see how you haven't had your first date yet" he said. I shrugged.
"Everyone knew I wasn't interested in dating in high school. Don't want to get distracted and get a heart break while doing something important like taking a final or taking the SATs" I replied.
"So what about me?" He responded.
"You my knight in shining armor is someone I'd consider changing that for" I said. He smiled.
"I'm no knight in shining armor" he replied.
"You are to me" I responded looking down. His hand came to my cheek making me look up at him.
"I think I would like that. You seeing me as that" he said. I smiled. The waiter came back and placed our plates in front of us.
"Do you need anything else?" He asked. I looked at Jeremiah and he raised his brow at me. I shook my head. He nodded his head for the waiter to leave and he rushed off.