4

Diagon Alley was amazing! Everywhere I looked there was something going on: the shops, the things outside them, people doing their shopping, owls, strange silver instruments, and so much more! Mum and Dad had been giving me a mini tour.

We were just passing a tall wizard selling 'Daily Profit' newspapers, when I felt a hand on my arm. Whipping my head round, I saw Harry, his emerald eyes staring into mine.

"Oh, it's you", I said, pushing his hand away and turning back towards my parents, who were now talking to Hagrid.

"Yes it's me. Now come on, I have my money, let's go explore!" Harry said grinning, practically jumping up and down in excitement.

"Fine. Mum, Dad, we are going now. See you Hagrid!"

"Have fun!"

"Stay safe!"

"Remember yer school things!"

"Bye!" Harry said, grabbing my arm and pulling me up the street. Sighing, I allowed him to pull me with him, up to a small shop called 'Ollivanders'. Harry and I both stopped walking to admire the tiny place.

HARRYS POV

I looked over at Millie to see her staring with wide eyes at the shop. I placed my hand on her shoulder again, and she flinched slightly, jumping from her thoughts.

"It looks quite dark in there. Are we sure it's open?" Millie said, gently pushing my hand away again.

"Let's try," I shrugged. She nodded, opening the door and walking through, me following close behind her. The very dust and silence in here seemed to tingle with some secret magic.

"Good afternoon," said a soft voice. I looked up and found a man standing in front of us, with wide, pale eyes.

"Hello," I said awkwardly.

Millie glanced at me quickly, before muttering a small "hi".

MILLIES POV

I don't like this man much, and I've just met him. He's creepy.

"Ah yes," he said, staring at Harry. "Yes, yes, I thought I'd be seeing you soon. Harry Potter."

"And you are..."

"Millie Sir. Millie Donovan," I replied quickly.

"Ah, a Donovan? I sold your father his first wand Millie. Eleven and a half inches, dragon heartstring, very flexible, good for charm work," he said, nodding to himself. I didn't know what to say, so I kind of just stood there awkwardly until he turned his gaze back to Harry. "And yours too. Your Mothers, ten and a quarter inches long, swishy, made of willow. Your father, on the other hand, favoured a mahogany wand. Eleven inches. Pliable. Well I say your father favoured it- it's really the wand who chooses the wizard after all."

By now, I had worked out that this was clearly Mr Ollivander. He had come so close to Harry that he and Harry were almost nose to nose. I threw my hand over my mouth, trying to stop myself laughing, while Harry just shook his head, his mouth twitching up.

"And that's where..." Mr ollivander touched the lightning scar on Harrys forehead. "I'm sorry to say I sold the wand that did it." I gasped. So it was a wizard who had done this to Harry?

"Powerful wand, very powerful, and in the wrong hands," Mr Ollivander continued. "Well, if I'd known what that wand was going out into the world to do..." He shook his head. Do what? What did the wizard do?

"Well now - Miss Donovan, let me see..." said Mr Ollivander, unfortunately turning his attention towards me again.

HARRYS POV