Chapter 4: Awakened Nightmare

AUTHORS NOTE: The dead walk at last, I thank my readers for reading my work the far.

_

Jack awoke with a jolt, he looked about his surroundings and saw that it was day in the desert, he was confused, "how the hell?", he asked himself as he looked around and saw the famous pyramids, "ok definitely a dream", he thought as he breathed a sigh of relief, however he began to hear whispering, he wasn't able to recognize it but it sounded Egyptian, he focused his gaze and saw a figure walking to him in the distance.

"Ok what in the hell?", he muttered only to hear whispering from behind him, startled he turned around only to see nothing but the sand dunes and the pyramids, but his eyes widened as he felt someone embrace him from behind, he looked down to see ...

"Ok what in the hell?", he muttered only to hear whispering from behind him, startled he turned around only to see nothing but the sand dunes and the pyramids, but his eyes widened as he felt someone embrace him from behind, he looked down to see a pair of tanned arms wrap around his chest, the person embracing him then spoke in ancient Egyptian, "You've freed me, my chosen", jack blushed at the comment and close contact and gulped, before he could turn around however he was jolted awake back into the real world.

_

NIGHTFALL

AMU-MANATRA

Wojtek looked over to see jack wake up suddenly, "bad dream?", he asked while he cleaned his weapons, Jack rubbed his eyes as he sat upwards, "no....it was weird though", replied jack as he looked into the fire, "weird how?", asked Wojtek as he leaned in, "I was in the desert in front of the pyramids, and then there was this.......woman, she said that I had freed her, that I was her chosen or something", said Jack still trying to process what happened, Wojtek in response laughed, "listen what you had is how we say? a special type of dream, let me say when my division moved into Italy during the war the women we freed called us chosen, and what we did wasn't a dream!", said Wojtek in an amused tone.

Jack shook his head with a smile on his face, "your the salt of the earth Wojtek", he muttered as he sat staring into the fire, the night was peaceful, quiet and calm, however they soon heard the familiar cawing of crows in the distance, the large amount of cawing could be heard coming closer and closer, soon it was loud enough to wake up Elisabeth who rubbed the sleep from her eyes, soon enough the entire camp was awake, "I don't think that many crows are here for friendly reasons", said jack in a concerned tone as he Wojtek and Elisabeth stood up and began to back into the steps into the tomb, Winford who just exited his tent looked over at the large murder of crows and immediately started running up the steps, one soldier however had his doubts, "its just a bunch of birds, give me a break", ironically he didn't even have a chance to scream as the massive amount of birds swarmed the camp attacking anything they could reach.

Gunfire, screaming, blood and chaos was ubiquitous throughout the entire dig-site as the crows killed several people, soon those who wished to survive fled into the ruins of Amu-Manatra, a certain amount managed to get in before Alan closed the stone door to keep the crows out, in the process he ended up condemning numerous mercenaries and diggers to a painful death, as the survivors ran about the inner tombs many got separated among them being smith, he was following Winford and his colleagues only to trip and fall behind, soon he was lost with his only source of light being his flashlight, "hello! anyone!", he yelled as he walked through the dark and dusty passageways, he soon heard a stream of wind pass behind him as he quickly darted around, and saw nothing "guys this isn't funny!", said smith now shaking from fear.