Chapter 6: The Grasp of Death

AUTHORS NOTE: I am very pleased with the story so far and I would like to thank my readers for reading my story thus far.

_

ASWAN REGAL HOTEL

"Do you feel any guilt or anything?", asked Greg who sat at a table in their hotel room, Winford who sat on a tall stool kept his hand on his revolver, he gazed out the window for any sign of danger, "guilt for what exactly?", replied Winford as he checked his Webley revolver, "you know, for releasing a freaking zombie?", replied greg who leaned forward in his chair, Winford thought about the comment as he looked out the window at the destruction caused by the fire raining from the sky, "I am no monster Gregory, of course I feel terrible for what has happened, we unleashed a monster upon these people", he said with regret on his face, greg however asked again, clarifying his question, "I meant do you feel bad about what happened to smith?", Winford raised his eyebrows at that.

"I feel more terrified in truthfulness, as that could very well be my fate", said Winford as he stood up from his seat and walked to the door, "I have a saying, if we do die, we might as well die drunk", said Winford as he opened the door and turned to greg, "would you like something?", he asked, greg nodded in response, "anything strong", Winford nodded as he left the room and his footsteps were heard going down the stairs, "yeah and thanks for remembering to close the damn door!", yelled greg as he closed the door, he soon turned and looked at the golden burial urn that he had, he smirked a bit hoping that he would be able to keep smith and Roberts urns.

He pulled his pistol out in a quick draw and aimed it at the urn, "you think you can just kill me like that mummy?, I'd see you coming miles away", he said smugly as he chuckled to himself, he soon changed his attitude quite quickly upon hearing a gust a wind from the window, he quickly dashed around and aimed his pistol at the window, however he saw nothing, his hand trembled with fear somewhat but he approached the window slowly, upon seeing that there was nothing there he sighed in relief as he placed his gun away and walked over to his chair, however the moment he turned his back he was hit by a blast of wind and sand, he screamed in terror but ultimately contrary to his claim he never saw his death coming.

Ahmanet stood up and looked at herself in the hotel rooms mirror, she smiled seeing she had almost fully regenerated, her skin had been nearly restored along with her night black hair, the only thing that showed she was still undead was her pale grey skin tone and some areas of decomposed flesh in her face and neck, "almost there", she muttered to herself in ancient Egyptian as she looked to the bedroom door, she sensed her chosen was in there unconscious, she smiled like a wolf would when finding its prey, although unlike the others who she hunted lethally, her chosen was something different.

_

Jack looked at his surroundings, he was in a candlelight chamber and on a large cushioned bed, he was filled with confusion at first but upon hearing the familiar whispering that he heard in the dream he had back in Amu-Manatra he felt unsafe and ...

Jack looked at his surroundings, he was in a candlelight chamber and on a large cushioned bed, he was filled with confusion at first but upon hearing the familiar whispering that he heard in the dream he had back in Amu-Manatra he felt unsafe and concern, knowing that Ahmanet was in his mind again, when he sat up hoping to get out of this dream he saw her, she approached slowly her white gown blowing in the gentle cool breeze, unlike last time jack knew who the woman was but now he saw her and was enamored by her beauty, "y-your Ahmanet! what is this?", Jack stammered his words a bit in ancient Egyptian as she approached, her lips formed into a sensual smile and she raised her finger to her lips, "shhhhh, relax my chosen, I mean no ill will towards you, I only wish to thank you for freeing me".