23 | I'm Not Telling You

Bailey

We're currently near the beach, waiting for Adrian's yacht or whatever to arrive. We ended up leaving later than expected so we stopped by at McDonald's and bought ourselves some fries to go.

Adrian is now done with his fries while I'm still picking at mine. I observe the outfit gifted to me by Adrian. 

It's a full sleeve maroon top that hugs my skin, and skinny white jeans that reach up to my mid waist. It's probably the cutest thing I've worn. I notice Adrian's hand reach for my hand.

Actually, never mind he just wanted my fries. "I hope you don't mind..." He says as he takes a handful. I shrug and hand him the entire set. Or box, or whatever you call them these days. I chuckle.

"Sorry."

"For what?" He asks after swallowing the food.

"You asked for cake... and I didn't make it." I just thought about how if Anna were here, she'd say something dirty like why make him cake when you can just give him yours.

"It's okay, I only ask you because Blake only cooks 'fancy dishes' or whatever he calls them, and Anna can't cook and even if I try to cook, it never works because-" He stops.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"Tell me," I demand.

"I was going to say that the directions are hard to read."

"What do you mean?" Then it dawns on me. He takes a while to grasp the text since he's, well... dyslexic. "Oh."

"It's fine, honestly, I don't care to read anyway," He shakes it off. "The ride is here," He says gesturing to a luxurious yacht waiting for us at the docks." I stare at it, mouth hanging wide open.

"We're going out on this?"

"Yes."

"Oh my god," I squeak, finding it hard to find my voice. "This is amazing."

"It is, isn't it?"

"It really is."

"What are you waiting for, come on." He holds out his hand, for me to take it. I place my hand in his, and he leads us to the yacht. It has a swimming pool with tanning beds. There's an indoor section where there are luxurious couches lining the walls and crystal clear windows.

There's a second floor where there's a gorgeous view of the ocean and also some dining arrangements. There's a driver, but other than that, all this is four us.

How amazing.

———

"Do you wanna go for a swim?" Adrian asks, as I take a sip of my fruit punch. I shake my head without missing a beat.

"No."

"I bought you a swimsuit."

"I don't wear swimsuits," I simply reject. "You know very well why." He takes a seat next to me, scooching in closer.

"You shouldn't shame away from your scars. They're a part of who you are and what you've been through. Hiding them is like hiding your identity. Besides, all that is in the past now. No one's ever going to hurt you ever again. Not on my watch."

"You don't understand Adrian," I say, refusing to look at him.

"What don't I understand? Your dad never cared for you, and as if that wasn't enough, he would abuse you. And didn't do anything when those four guys beat you up?" He sounds angry.

"That's just it," I wanted to scream and tell him that those four men didn't just beat me up. It was so much more, but I don't. Instead, I just walk away for dramatic effect, and hoping he won't follow me. But then again, if he did that it would be so much more dramatic.

I celebrated too soon, because here he is. Right behind me. Not in a stalker way though. "This was supposed to be a romantic date..." Adrian half-whined and half-yelled. "I got rid of those four guys for you... only for you. I think I deserve to know more."

I look at him, almost studying him to see if I can tell him this. Should I? No. Here I go.

Sorry, that Tangled reference just had to be done. Since I've been staying at Adrian's I've seen so many movies, I've lost count. Most of them were disney or PG-13.

I let out an exasperated sigh. Anna's the only one who knows about this, and I know she won't tell anyone. But Adrian. Who knows how wild he might go once he learns the truth?

What if he won't want anything to do with me? What if he starts looking at me like the rest? A girl who can't keep her hands to herself. A slut.

Paranoid thoughts start rushing into my mind, and I start frowning. Or scowling. Either one. "There's nothing more to the story," I say simply. "And I'm not going swimming either."

He sighs and returns a smile back onto his face. "You're right. Swimming isn't fun anyway. Let's watch the sunset."

"Good thinking."

And after that, me and Adrian walk into the sunset, living happily ever after. Actually, no, I attempted to climb up the stairs, but felt self concious since Adrian was behind me, getting a perfect you of my... you know. So I started walking faster but ended up slipping and tumbling backwards and now we're here.

In this really uncomfortable position. Well... for Adrian, but not me. It's like I landed on a firm mattress. The firm part being his muscles. "I could stay here all day," I joke but to my surprise he takes it seriously.

"Me too."

I blink. "Actually?"

"Yeah, you weight lighter than a feather. You have been gaining more weight, which is a good thing but you're still light as hell."

"Uh... thanks?"

"I almost forgot the reason I brought you on this date."

————

vote, comment and follow!

Soooo, Bailey's getting a little humorous huh? Not that I'm complaining or anything, do you like this version of her?

Adrian better ask her out or I stg.

But then again, if he doesn't then I'm always available... *wink*.