Chapter 1: Morning

(Hello my lovely angel readers! so i hit some writers block for a while and kinda disappeared off the face of the earth, so sorry about that, and i know i should probably focus on my first story since I'm almost done but i couldn't help myself soo.)

ZOEY'S POV

When I walked past Zed's room on my way downstairs, I could've sworn I heard him talking to himself. I stopped, quietly, opened the door the slightest bit, and listened in for a bit

"... Thanks to the Z-band! This puppy delivers soothing electromagnetic pulses, that keep us from eating brains..."

who is he talking to? He started to open his bedroom door, I panicked, so I hurried down the stairs and made it look like I was sitting at the table for longer than I actually had been, he was heading to the kitchen when.. he stopped... he was staring at absolutely nothing, he started talking, just talking, wait... about... me?!

" that's my little sister, Zoey, she really wants a dog but zombies aren't allowed to have pets, some people still think we'll eat 'em,"

is he.. explaining our lives? to who?

"woof"

Zed barks at me, it's our thing, he pretends to be a dog to make me feel better. Honestly, it's better than Zander, I smile at him

"Come, Zed, come!"

I clap my hands and act like he's a real dog, he comes towards me, still barking

"Good boy!"

I pat his shoulder, he sits down, and I go back to playing with Zander

"Hey, son, try this, brains in a can, made out of cauliflower"

ewww! does Dad actually expect us to eat that?

"And some for you, my little zombie angel."

Zed's actually eating it?

"it tastes like gym sneakers, Dad."

gross...

"I know. How great is that?"

umm, not great?

"listen, Zed, I'm not so sure about this whole football thing, you know? It might be too much."

here comes the football talk....

"I mean, I mean you're a great kid. It's just... you haven't spent a whole lot of time around humans, and humans don't really like zombies"

yeah, yeah.. he knows!

" that's just 'cause they haven't met me yet!"

Zed tosses his football in the air and gives me a highfive

"woof"

Hey,

so you probably noticed that i kinda.... gave up on my last story... if you read it and liked it I have some ideas I just don't know if they are very good... anyhooo I thought that this was pretty funny.. I basically wrote what I would think if I heard my sister explaining our lives to absolutely no one!

Baiiiiiii

- Fernanda silvestre