part 1

Trollex pov.

will somebody tell me why rock trolls think is calming to have an insane drumming sound in their cafes? I mean come on isn't the decor that makes this place look like it's been bombed enough? I swear those trolls are like animals.

"King Trollex so glad you can make it!" an unpleasantly familiar voice greets me. I'm not proud to admit I still flinch at the mere sound of that voice that haunted my nightmares every night I was in that cage and quite a few after.

"hello Barb" I answer politely. I don't speak resentfully because I can't risk our truce but I do leave out the queen title, a rather small act of private rebellion, but it feels good.

"listen Trollex," she says sitting down, and then says something else that I don't hear "What!" I yell over the drumbeat.

She turns toward the band playing and screams "SHUT UP!", shocking me for a second, how could a leader treat her subjects this way? at least the band stops screaming.

she turns "Sooo" she says "Hi"

"hi," I answered impatiently. I've made it clear I don't want to spend another second here, so why can't she hurry up and tell me why I'm here?

"ok so I asked you to join me for lunch to personally apologize for anything and everything I've done during my world tour that hurt you, and say I regret it so do you forgive me?" Barb says in a rather rude tone

I frown trying to figure out how to be respectful without lying "Queen Barb, my tribe forgives you and the rest of the rock trolls and I too forgive the rest of the rock trolls"

"and you," she said 

"huh?"

"barb my tribe forgives you and the rest of the rock trolls and I too forgive the rest of the rock trolls and you, you forgot the and you," she says, crossing her arms 

"look, Queen Barb," I say with a sigh "it's not that easy I can't just forgive you like that! I mean you tried to take over the world, and it will take months to fix the DJ and lighting equipment you ruined"

"well," she says anger leaking into her voice "the other leaders forgave me, why can't you?"

"I can't control the other leaders, "I say rolling my eyes "but I think that they're making a mistake"

"I don't need your forgiveness" she yells standing up "You're the weakest of the trolls anyway it took me like 10 seconds to get your string"

"Sorry, "I say standing (ok more like floating) up "I guess I'm not a stonehearted demon who prepares for war every day of  her worthless  life"

"dude chill" TBDB floated in between us "She's not worth it"

"go away bug," Barb said smacking him out of the way. my eyes widen as I watch him fall to the ground, "Beat!" I scream reaching out to catch him

Queen Poppy and Branch suddenly appear from behind a plant 

"Barb, Trollex enough" Poppy yells, angrier than I've ever heard her, by which I mean slightly annoyed "This fighting will get you nowhere"

"I should have known, "I say angrily, glaring at Barb "This wasn't even your idea Queen Poppy and Branch made you apologize" 

"no" Poppy defends pointlessly "No, we were just trying to help"

I pick up Beat Drop and swim off toward the beach, I need to have some doctors check him over at the coral reef.