Chapter 5: Red skies

Chapter 5: Red Skies

The sky was a tinge of red, as a thick black smoke covered any sunlight that could have lit up the area. On a plateau, its side cracked and broken like something massive had annihilated what it once was, there was a tall man, his figure easily seen.

He took a couple of steps forward, with each one accompanied by the crunching of dry grass. His face, in a sort-of daze as he looks around his surroundings.

"What the hell?"

He said, his voice cracked as if he wasn't used to speaking, and that seemed to be the case. He touched the base of his throat as if he was surprised by the deep tone that he had let out. His hand slowly going down as he looked at himself.

"Where the hell am I? Why is the sky red?" He asked himself loudly, his voice bewildered, and slightly scared. He looked at himself, as if he was making sure of something.

"Huh, what am I wearing?" He said as he touched his chest, looking at what appeared to be a jacket. It was orange, with black stripes on the end of his sleeves, and on the end of the hem. He noticed something draped over his back, and took a peep, turning his head awkwardly behind him.

"What's this?" He said as he tried focusing on the thing draped over him and immediately noticed how dirty it was. It was tattered, with blood splattered over, what he assumed to be its white fabric. There were words that he couldn't read, not due to how tattered it was but because he couldn't understand what was written on it. He shook his head, as he gave up on reading it and turned his head back around.

He took another glance at his surroundings, with each step of his feet making indents on the ground, curious yet confused.

Then he stops. He takes a step back as he looked over the cliff.

"Wha...How the hell!?" He said out loud in horror, as his eyes widened in shock. He paused for a couple of seconds as he took in what he saw.

There was a roaring flame, swallowing everything. Yet, that wasn't what made him step back. It was the fact that it was black. The fire crackled intensely, its heat blasting through his face, making him realize how hot it really was. There were a few things that he spotted that weren't engulfed by the flames. A few buildings that somehow survived the intense heat, and the outer walls of what it once was.

"Konoha?" He mumbled as he realized, yet he wasn't given the time to react to the horrifying reality. His ear perks up as he heard something, and his hands instinctively went to his kunai pouch, yet he stopped.

"Dad?"

He heard a small voice say, and noticed someone.

"Who are you?" He said, tilting his head in confusion. He looked at the figure in front of him, wary yet somehow not. On closer look, he realized it was a boy, probably somewhere near 12 or 13. He had blonde, long, spikey hair with blue eyes that reminded him of his own. There were two whiskers on each of his cheek. He was wearing a black jacket with a purple line going from end to end on his sleeves, with a white shirt under it, yet it was obvious that he had gone from something like a battle as they were dirty and torn.

"Dad, the hell- Now's not the time to be joking!" The boy said, his voice hoarse and tired. "Where the hell have you been?!" He said with worry.

"Woah, woah, woah, why the hell you asking me, you weirdo? I don't even know you!" He replied as he stepped back, still wary.

"Huh? What the hell did I say about jokes?! Didn't you know that mom and Himawari have been worried, you stupid old man!"

"Mom? Himawari? Who are they?" He asked, his face scrunched in a confused look. He was a bit slow, but he was sure that he never knew someone like that