PROLOGUE

Hajime grew up as a joyful boy. A bundle of happiness. His parents were grateful to be gifted with a healthy baby boy. He was loved by his friends and family. His smile was always pulled as large as possible, beaming and scrunching up his nose.

He was his little neighborhood's ray of hope. It was a small suburban community, with little boys playing soccer in the streets and little girls sitting on the curbs while dirtying their hands and knees with chalk. He was his parent's pride and love.

His parents were filled with pride to watch their boy grow, scratching at the walls yearly to signify his growth as the days passed by. His mother wasn't home often, being an on call nurse, and his father..?

His father loved him. So dearly, the two were inseparable - with their matching wide scrunched nose smile. Mr. Hinata knew his son would do great things one day. He saw his true potential. He knew his boy would shine like a star.

"That's my boy..!" The aging man would laugh before going into a coughing fit. He knew his son was going to accomplish what he couldn't. "Say, Hajime--. Come here boy." The man grinned widely, tapping his leg for the young boy to sit on. He pulled the boy and his laptop close to point at a picture of a building.

"You see that?" Hajime nodded quickly with a smile of curiosity. "This is Hope's Peak Academy.. Where the best go.. Even I went there--." Hajime's eyes were wide and bewildered at the idea. "You did,.?!" He gasped with a bright grin of amazement, earning a chuckle from his dad.

"Hey! Don't look too surprised--,.! Well.. Yeah. It was amazing, Y'know? And one day.. You'll go there too.. Because you're the greatest." He beamed a smile at him as the corner of his eyes wrinkled, earning excited and determined nods from the young boy.

his passion began.

Hajime started working from there, he would become the star his father idolized him to be. He would shine just like everyone else. He was going to be a somebody.

Hours, days, months, years of his middle school life went into studying for the entrance exam. A very costly one. He could hear his parents argue through the walls of his bedroom at night, "We don't have the money for this," was his Mother's constant plea,, they didn't. But Hajime wouldn't hesitate to earn it.

Hinata worked as many shifts at part time jobs and did as many services he could, despite his age. Birthday money. The change he'd get to pay for a lunch at school. He'd save it all, just to accomplish his Father's dream.

So what if he skipped a few meals at school? So what if the classmates that once loved him dearly looked at him funny because of him staying behind during recess to read about mathematics and brush up on his test taking skills? It would all be worth it.

He would prove to his father about how bright he is! He'll show everyone!

And then, Hajime Hinata set foot into the exam room. He performed well, successfully passing with his mostly average scores. That was the day he was officially acknowledged as a Reserve Course student.

He raced home from the long train ride, panting and grinning wildly as he held the Reserve Course welcome certificate. "I-I did it...! I did it!" He said through heavy breaths, his smile only brightening to see his parent's smiles.

"Oh, that's so amazing..! We're proud of you..!" His mother wrapped his arms around him, pulling him into a tight hug with a chuckle. His father.. Hajime's eyes landed onto his father, pausing for a moment.

He had a polite smile, soft and formal. He didn't have the bright scrunched nose grin he was accustomed to. Something was wrong. "That's great, Hajime.." He nodded, glancing away from the boy and returning back to his room. Hinata felt his heart drop in disappointment, did he not do well..?

His mother frowned, reassuringly cupping his cheeks soothingly. "You did great, Hajime. Your father is very proud and happy for you,, okay? Understand?" Hinata nodded with dull and confused eyes. Didn't he do what his Father wanted? He went to his room to prepare himself for his first day he unknowingly dreaded.

He wasn't aware of the hell upcoming.

-

YO!! Author Cele here!! Aaaa I hope you all liked this maybe a lil,,? idk but !!! woo!