Chapter 5

This did not according to plan. I had prewritten this little pre-chapter thingy for Sunday as I had no intention whatsoever to write another chapter, but here I am, writing two chapters in a day, so I am going to treat you guys on this little extra chapter. Again.

Please vote and comment as I love to see what you guys think of the story. If there are any theories you guys have already, I love to read them. I have the story pretty much planned so I love to see what you guys think will happen! Especially when you have a great idea but it is never going to happen in my head (but I am known to never stick to my plans, so maybe it will still change haha).

First race weekend
Bahrain International Circuit
Sunday
Sprint Race

With a spring in her step, Marylinde walked back from the podium. She was happy for Mick and Callum but she was mostly happy about her result. Sixteenth to eighth, it was quite the climb. Even though four drivers who started ahead of her didn't make it to the finish line, she had still made up four places on her own. For her first race, she was happy with that.

She also knew that it had mostly to do with the position for the next race. She would start from pole, giving her the chances at a good result. Mick would start from eight, but she knew, even though he was seven places behind Marylinde, she knew that he and Callum who was six places behind her would be her main competitors. She would have to watch for them. And all the other drivers, it was a tough grid.

"Nice job kiddo." Kasper embraced his daughter again as she walked into the Prema hospitality tent. "I am proud of you and I spoke to your mother and she was in tears." Marylinde laughed, knowing how proud her parents were of her.

"Of course she would be." Marylinde grinned. "I mean, how can you not be proud of a daughter like me." Everyone hearing Marylinde say so groaned, knowing very well they should never praise her too much or she would get cocky, whether it was for real, or as a joke. "But I'm going to the briefing. I of course want to get the most out of tomorrow." Kasper hugged his daughter tight, knowing very well what eight place meant for the starting grid the following day.

"I'm going back to the hotel. Will you be back on time for dinner?" Marylinde shrugged her shoulders.

"That's the plan, but I'll let you know if I can't make it." Marylinde joined a couple of the engineers already sitting in the trailer and within ten minutes the meeting could start.

"First of all, I would like to say a thank you to everyone here, everyone did great. The first win of the season and some good points for both drivers. Tomorrow we'll have reverse grid pole, which is also great." Marylinde leaned back, listening to what was being said. She needed to remember every possible bit of information, though she knew she could skip the 'thank you's.

They discussed how the cars felt, the data stream that they had recovered, the pit stops, communication and racing lines. It took them over one-and-a-half hours, but when they were done, Marylinde was positive she had nothing left to say that was of any value and she doubted the rest of the team did. Of course, she had kept some things to herself, not wanting to let Mick know all her little tricks considering he was her main rival as her teammate, but she had shared more than she had done the previous year with a different teammate. It was Mick after all.

She hated herself for it. She cared so much for Mick it didn't bother her when she told him more than she had wanted him to. She was so happy he had won the race she didn't even mind she hadn't whereas the previous year every result which wasn't a win wasn't good enough. Mick was a weakness.