11. Package Delivered

"That's my phone, can one of you check it?" I call out to either Ducky, Nails or Nova while I take apart Red Light's bike

"That's my phone, can one of you check it?" I call out to either Ducky, Nails or Nova while I take apart Red Light's bike. The smell of leftover pizza clings in the air as the night drags, but I like nights like these.

Nova chucks the football back at Ducky as he heads over to where my phone is. "That's weird."

The edge in his voice makes me stop what I'm doing. "What is?"

Soon his phone pings along with the others.   Nova pulls it out and his brows crease. He looks up at Nails who looks at him with Ducky shouting, "What the hell?!"

I quickly make my way to Nova who holds my phone up for me to see an unknown number texted me.

Your package has been delivered.

"Mine says the same thing," Nova states, suspicion pulling at his eyes.

"Check around the shop. Be careful and make sure not to touch anything if you find it," I order. All of us search the area for a good hour coming up empty handed.

Ducky's patience is at ground level zero as he yells, "Somethin' ain't right I know it!"

My phone rings. My blood runs cold at Ace's name flashing on my screen. "What's wrong."

"Adonis! I've tried calling dad but he's not answering. I didn't know who else to call. Georgie's in the ER and they won't let me see her. All they'll tell me is that she was dropped off here in bad condition. Adonis, I'm freaking out. I had night class and Lashes had a date. She was staying at my place but decided to go check out the art department. She texted me saying she was getting something to eat and when I called she wouldn't answer. Then I got the call from the hospital. I don't know what happened." At the end of her almost hard to follow explanation she's crying.

My hand grips my phone so hard it cracks and then goes dead. Without hesitation Nova dials Ace. "Ace, yeah, he broke his phone. We're on our way."

I grab Red Light's bike and throw it. It had all been a setup, a distraction and I played right into their hands. I go straight for my bike. All the guys follow as I rev my engine to life and book it to the city hospital.

The ride is filled with me chastising myself. Once I get there, I don't even have the patience to wait for the automatic sliding doors to fully open as my shoulder collides with one and cause it to pop out. Ace jumps up as soon as she sees me with the others in tow. Lashes is pacing back and forth as Ace rushes over to me with a tear-stained face.

"They haven't let me in to see her yet. They won't tell me why either." She begins frantically.

I go straight for the desk. "Why can't she see her sister?" I point back at Ace as the older woman in front of me rolls her eyes.

"Listen, she's being taken care of." The doors going back into the rooms open behind me as a nurse brings someone out. "As soon as she can see her we'll let her know and—"