Wedding

It was August 1st, 1997.

The day of Bill and Fleur's wedding was to commence today. Everyone found it rather odd to have a wedding at a time like this, but some argued it was to lighten the mood.

The previous day consisted of Harry's birthday, in which he was showered with gifts to celebrate his legality. The Minister of Magic, Rufus Scrimgeour, paid the Golden Trio a visit, excluding Ellie, to bestow the items of Dumbledore's will. Ron was given the Deluminator, which held the power to douse all lights in the surrounding area. Hermione was given The Tales of Beedle the Bard, a book of wizard-culture fairy tales written in Runes. Lastly, Harry was given Godric Gryffindor's Sword and the first Golden Snitch he had ever caught in a Quidditch match. However, the Sword was withheld, as the Minister claimed it was not Dumbledore's to give.

The reception of Bill and Fleur's was lively, the couple more than thrilled to be with each other. Upbeat music played in the tent where it was held, everyone dancing in their own way.

Ellie stood with Luna, not speaking, but instead enjoying the way she danced, twirling her hands as she spun around freely. Hermione had told Ellie that she was to go ahead and enjoy the reception while she changed.

And there she was. Wearing a beautiful, red dress decorated with ruffles stood Hermione Granger. Ellie took notice, watching as she entered the tent, losing all train of thought at the sight. The Hufflepuff's eyes were lovestruck, in awe at her girlfriend.

Ellie approached Hermione, excusing herself from Luna's presence. Ellie was wearing an olive green dress, with embroidered flower designs and lace.

The music had slowed down, the majority of guests clearing off the dance floor.

"W-wow, my love. You look stunning," Ellie said in awe, making Hermione blush at the compliment.

"You look beautiful as well. Like always," Hermione countered as she hugged Ellie lightly.

Ellie's eyes flickered to another set of eyes feasting on her girlfriend.

"Don't look now, but Ron's staring at you," Ellie mumbled, keeping her voice just low enough for her to hear.

"Don't worry about him," Hermione scoffed as she stuck out her hand to Ellie. "Dance?"

"A little obvious, don't you think?" Ellie grinned, but proceeded to take her hand, Hermione leading them onto the middle of the dance floor. Hermione shrugged her shoulders, obviously not caring what anyone would think, considering the majority of the guests were close family or friends.

Ellie wrapped her arms around Hermione's waist as Hermione rested her wrists on the Hufflepuff's shoulders.

"By the way, you look rather dashing in green. It suits you well," Hermione commented, her eyes trailing over Ellie's body with admiration.

"If I knew you'd be checking me out all night, I would've worn something more revealing," Ellie joked as she let out a laugh.

"Don't tempt me," Hermione warned, though her lips curled into a smile.

They swayed their bodies to the music, taking notice of Hagrid with another woman and a few other adults dancing with each other.

"So... since we are at a wedding... I think it's fitting to talk about ours," Hermione said softly, a smirk toying at her lips.

"Excited now, are we?" Ellie said with a smile as she gazed into her girlfriend's eyes, seeing that she was truly eager.

"So how we should we go about it, then?" Ellie asked.