Chapter 18

HIM

I couldn't stop staring at her.

She looked.....beautiful. Magnificent. There's no other way to describe the way my angel looks at this moment. I didn't know she had a good sense of fashion. Not that I cared much, but you know what I mean.

I am finally happy that she noticed me. After all these years of me keeping tabs on her weekly, making sure she's safe from the darkest parts of humanity, she knows who I am now. And let me tell you, I was near to throw a party after the first time I've talked to her at the restaurant. I couldn't stop smiling the whole night, and I'm pretty sure I slept with it too.

Here I am now, standing on the stage with people in front of me, awaiting the grand release of my latest creations. Despite me being excited to show the world what my company has designed, all that matters to me now is that my angel is here.

She would finally know how successful of a man I am. I studied and worked hard to reach this position, just for me to be worthy of her. I want to be the man she would be proud of being with. All these things that I'm doing are solely for her.

She was looking at me too, and I knew she too couldn't stop looking at me—her brown eyes, which reminded me of melted caramel boring into my steely grey ones.

Did that mean she finally felt something for me? My desperate mind thought.

"-dro, Sandro. Quit staring at her. It's time," Jake whispered at me.

I came out of the trance and steadied myself. I closed my eyes for a moment and walked to the front of the stage.

"I would like to say a perfect evening to fellow guests who have attended this significant event for Durante Enterprises. Now that it's time let's get this even started," I said through the mic.

It was an exciting few hours for Jake, Miss. Campbell, our chief design officer, and me unravelling our latest products. I was proud of myself and my team the whole time. I can't believe we've made this happen. I've had this idea of making student-friendly technological products two years ago, but it was always in the back of my mind.

A new chief design officer was hired over a year ago, and that was the best thing that happened to our company. She would always amaze me with her drawings of different products. The idea of creating student-friendly products was brought into a conversation one day with her, and she brought a few patents the next day. I was extremely impressed by it. Therefore, we proceeded to start the designing, production, and here we are.

Other than that, I was also looking at my angel. She seems to be very interested in the big screen behind me. There were some moments where she looked at me. She would smile at me every time, and I just looked at her. I can't wait to talk to her during the after-party.

"Thank you to everyone for sparing your time and lending your eyes and ears for this event. Guests can proceed to attend the after-party or walk to the exhibition where all the products are displayed and available for everyone to take a look on our latest devices," I said as I was looking at all the people going separate ways.

I went back to the back of the stage, and Jake instantly came and gave me a bear hug.

"Good job, Sandro. I'm proud of you, man," he said.

"No, no, no. We all should be proud of ourselves. We're all in this together. I'm proud of my team," I said to him.

"And you, Miss. Campbell had a major role in this project. I have to say thank you for making my thoughts come true," I said while shaking her hand.

"Just like you said, Mr.Durante, we're all in this together. You were the mastermind of the idea, and I just helped you design it. Let's not forget the rest of our team and their contribution," she replied.