ch 5

I woke up on the floor of Dylan's living room early the next morning. I had no recollection of the previous night, and Rocky was nowhere to be seen. I walked into Dylan's bedroom, hoping to find a familiar face there.

"Dylan, get up!!" I loudly whispered, shaking the clump of warmth under disheveled sheets.

He turned over, still mostly asleep and completely out of it. "What!" he whispered back.

"What happened last night?! Where is Rocky?! Why am I here?!!" I was still whispering.

"I don't know, Cass..." he mumbled. "I just saw you storm out looking really pissed off or offended or something. You wouldn't answer me when I called your name."

I was confused and still couldn't remember anything. Then it clicked. Rocky and I had been making out for a couple minutes when he started moving his hand up my dress. I moved his hand and told him no but he wouldn't stop. I eventually screamed at the top of my lungs and slapped him across the face. I pushed him off of me and ran out of the room. One of my heels broke on the way out, so I took them off and stormed out with my stilettos in hand, not stopping for miles until Dylan drove up next to me and begged me to get in his car so I would be safe staying with him.

"Hey, thanks for letting me stay here. I'm gonna go." I walked out and picked up my shoes. I called a cab from his kitchen phone and waited to be picked up outside. Leaning against the wall of his apartment complex, I rolled my eyes at the thought of last night's situation with Rocky. I hoped I would never see him again.

The cab took me home and I entered through the back door so as to not wake Uncle Chad up. I was walking to my room through the kitchen when I stopped right in my tracks. Uncle Chad was sitting on his drum kit in the living room with Anthony, John, and Flea all on the couch. They all stared at me and I stared back with wide eyes. Uncle Chad was confused, Anthony and Flea were grinning, and I couldn't tell if John was angry or upset.

"Hey, Cass!" Flea happily shouted to me.

"Wha-I thought you were in your room this whole time!" Uncle Chad said, and Flea and Anthony laughed.

"I'm so sorry! I just stayed at Dylan's house because I couldn't make it home."

"No worries, kid. I'm not your parent," Uncle Chad said, and I sighed with relief.

"Right," I said. "I'm gonna go take a nap then, if that's fine." Uncle Chad nodded, so I grabbed a frozen waffle from the freezer and headed up the stairs to my room.