Touch

This is for @swingerden Thanks for reading and voting. IDK if that's your cat in your pfp but he/she looks super cute (fellow cat fan/worshipper XD)

"Why would you do that?" I asked, my anger barely concealed.

He looked at me impassively, his eyes glittering in amusement.

I had spent the entire Saturday seething about how he tricked me and he didn't even care.

Well, two could play the game.

If he wasn't going to answer me, well I wouldn't bother to ask him.

I organised the papers in a neat pile and rested my arms on the table. I could easily do this for an hour. He definitely didn't expect that, from the way he was looking at me so quizzically.

Finally, a win for me. I hid my small smirk as I looked everywhere but him. I knew he liked it when I looked into his eyes, especially from the way he was staring at me so brazenly.

At least twenty minutes had passed before he slightly started to cave in as he gestured for pen and paper.

"Are you going to answer my previous question?" I asked.

He shook his head as if to say no.

"Well, then no".

Silence again. There was a perceptible change in his mood. His eyes turned cloudy and dark, promising something wicked. I snorted quietly. He was all talk, no action.

As fast as he became angry, his mood switched to something else. Something almost - What was he doing?!

Underneath the table, I felt his legs nudge mine and my breath hitched. I was about to tuck my chair out further to avoid him when I felt his legs encircle mine and hold me there snugly.

"What -"

My voice faded out as he squeezed his legs slightly. I wished so badly, that I wore trousers and not a pencil skirt. My bare skin was on his as my skirt hiked up a bit when I sat, and despite his thin layer of clothing, I could feel the heat emanating from his leg.

I felt the blood rush to my face as I looked at him in shock.

"Got you", he whispered, his voice silky and low. That bastard, he knew how alluring his eyes were. Once you looked, there was no going back. One glance and my resolve crumbled. As much as I wanted to tear my eyes away, I couldn't.

Technically, you have a boyfriend. How's Karl going to feel about this?

Fuck Karl. He didn't hold a candle to the masterpiece in front of me.

I remembered a teacher giving a lecture on the Golden Ratio and how none had achieved the perfect ratio of beauty but the man in front of me begged to differ. Every feature on his face was perfectly aligned, symmetrical even in a way no man's face should be.

It just didn't make sense. Why, oh, why was I so drawn to him? The magnetism was off the charts and it seemed the closer I got, the harder it was to fight the attraction.

His leg leisurely rested on mine, discreetly, such that anyone watching the footage would not notice. There was a small tug on his lips as he watched me, almost with reverence, longing and melancholy.

It was electric, there was no other way to describe it. And it then hit me, like a ton of bricks, that I might actually lov- no like this man. As strange and unfamiliar the attraction was, it was an attraction. And as a plethora of questions like why, how and when started to flow through my mind, I also realised the conclusion I made earlier. Holston's had a strong grip on him and was never going to let him go. Could I like someone who would never be a free man?